Door Cards

paul_k10_Lx

Deactivated Account
howdy need some help. tryin to fit the new front speakers today and got the bottom off ok even the window winder however how do u get the seal at the top off. there not the half cards there the full ones i tried pulling and it felt like the seal was gonna rip does anyone have any tricks??

they are stuck on at the top just peel it off carefully its very easy to do but the foam at the top will tear but will not damage the door card

what is it wour having problems with? removing the door car is one of the simplist things to do on a k10............

clips do hold the card on a firm tug will pop them out

yeah i done the clips and the winder and the lil storage try and handle its the very top im not sure of i tired pulling it but it felt like the plastic seal was gonna rip

Ive ripped a few K10 door cards in scrappies before, i think you've just gotta be extra careful when taking them off

The lower spec ones do have poppers, but if you're not gentle with them, they tear the wood that's holding them in!

paul_k10_Lx said:
yeah i done the clips and the winder and the lil storage try and handle its the very top im not sure of i tired pulling it but it felt like the plastic seal was gonna rip

like i said at the top is foam which is glued on and will rip off but it wont damage the door card, if you have any common sense now would be a good time to use it ;)

yes its glued on just peel it off!!!! how hard can that be to work out! if its stuck heat it up with a hair drier!

do you need me to hold your hand whilst you do it! im sorry but im amazed you need help doing some thing so simple

i didnt know if it was glued or cliped. if i webnt ahaed and pulled it it woulda ripped now i know to heat it up a bit.

Speedle said:
common sense rimmer, even you could do this! and usually need help lol

Oi........ u think its easy coz you've done it before. Can u remember the first time u did it?!!!! Bet u prob wanted a bit of advice just to b sure!!!!
I asked the other day and i'll prob still need help lol!!!! :p :grinning:

yes i remeber the first time i did it about a week ago! it was quite simply the easiest thing i ever did. if i dont know what to do i read my haynes manual explains it all in great detail.

Back