Dirty dash and door cards

Hello !
Im an owner of the k12 for a year now and learned mostly all about it thru this and other forums but there is one thing that i just cant seem to sort out and its the "dirt" on the dash and on the door cards.
As i always keep my cars very very clean this is a big problem for me... so big i even started to search for full dash and door cards from local scrap yards to replace mine but there is maybe a chance to save this one...
I have the yellow interior k12 and would prefer the black one but i came to like it over the time but this staining from previous owners is just a nightmare so here is the things i have tried :
-Dish soap (strong mix very hot wather)
-Alcohol
-Few good quality degresers
-APC
-Very strong brush for wheels and a few soft ones
-Few tipes of sanitising alcohol wet wipes
-In the end i went with vinigar and even bleach on some hidden parts
And got absolutely no results...
I want to hear more ideas of what to try its been driving me crazy as it makes the look of my interior very dirty
I will have pictures attached so you can get the idea (note the dirt is only on the textured parts as you can see on the first picture someone managed to get a little bit off but not fully)
Thanks
Screenshot_20240218-120010_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20240218-120016_Gallery.jpg

Please don't use bleach anywhere on a car.
I think a handheld steam cleaner would do a good job.
And perhaps work on both inside and outside.

Please don't use bleach anywhere on a car.
I think a handheld steam cleaner would do a good job.
And perhaps work on both inside and outside.
As i said i only used it on a hidden spot to test but it made no difference...
Steam cleaner i something i dont have so maybe its time to invest in one thanks

Looking at the dash that looks worn and not dirty could be the product your using tho.
BTW have you tried a drill brush they come in sets and can work wonders on seats and probably other interior parts like carpets etc.

Looking at the dash that looks worn and not dirty could be the product your using tho.
BTW have you tried a drill brush they come in sets and can work wonders on seats and probably other interior parts like carpets etc.
Agree!
I have same worn out on drivers side, LEFT, armrest...

Last edited:
Yes i did try drill brushes as i own an extractor and extracted all carpeted parts of the car since the car was very dirty its just this staining thats left and no the dash and the door cards dont have a worn texture they just have a layer of something over them
Buut i will invest finaly in a steamer and update here if it solves the problem if not i will do a full damn swap to a black enterior 😂

Recently cleaned mine the interior on this car is pretty good still for the age.
I always felt it would look better in black than grey. My idea was to get one of those material mats to cover top dash as they seem to look cool.
Full cover tho would have to incorporate the airbag device..
Not sure if they are available to fit on k12 tho.
It helps keep the sun from damaging the finish.
The black trim look way better. Also the silver in the center console just looks a bit meh!!

Thought I would show you what it should be like but the flare in the first shot doesn't really help much.
I'm always suprised cause it still looks decent.

Attachments

• b25e10383a65c550a8124a7ae52ed713.jpg
    b25e10383a65c550a8124a7ae52ed713.jpg
    319.7 KB · Views: 19
  • P_20191020_133255.jpeg
    P_20191020_133255.jpeg
    43.8 KB · Views: 21
Back