removing door cards

Gemma85

banished to the buses
I'v done a search and cant find anything on how to remove door cards so im asking for help...again, Its a 1998 K11 gx it has electric windows. I got all the little things popped out along the side and the bottom but cant do the top and if i pull any harder i'l snap it (technical I know) how the heck do i get these soddin things off!!! Please.....:D thanks in advance x

On mine, an SR, you have to unscrew the door handle and the part the electric windows are connected too. You do this by undoing the 3 screws on the lower side of the handle first, pull this off, then there is another 3 screws that hold the top part on. Once they are undone, you have to pull the backing from the door realise handle off aswell, its fairly easy to do, just get a nail under it and pull.

Once all thats off and you have unpopped everything, they are along the rear edge of the door and the bottom and a couple on the front edge Im sure, just lift the door card directly upwards. I found it easier to have the window down for this, especially when putting it back in.

Hope that helps.

how do you get to the screws on the handle thanks for your help btw but there are no screws visable (you just know my windows wont work when im done)

you think the micra is hard, u shud try a focus, theres screws holding screws in place!

You will probably need to open the door and get down on your knees and have a look, they are reccessed into the plastic moulding, one at the front, one in middle, one at rear.

Ive attached this pic, I knwo its not great, was the only one I could see that had atleast a bit of my door handle on it. The red circles are where the screws are roughly on the lower bit, blue circles are the ones behind it

Attachments

• Micra 16.JPG
    Micra 16.JPG
    399.3 KB · Views: 311
The hardest thing IMO is refitting them, anyone at Donny on Sunday will remember seeing me struggling with mine for like 5 minutes :blush:

You need to push against the door to get the top bit over the lip, it sounds easier than it is lol

scottish-sr said:
Yeah, getting them back on is pretty tricky, I found it easiest with the window down.

agreed, half way down is good for taking them off too. then back up to get at the door handles then back down to refit the door cards lol

scottish-sr said:
You will probably need to open the door and get down on your knees and have a look, they are reccessed into the plastic moulding, one at the front, one in middle, one at rear.

Ive attached this pic, I knwo its not great, was the only one I could see that had atleast a bit of my door handle on it. The red circles are where the screws are roughly on the lower bit, blue circles are the ones behind it

Oh them door handles i thought you meant outside ones I was gonna say Thought it would be bit tricky to get a screwdriver up there. ....Thanks

erm, I need to get to my handles to swap for newly coloured ones :) but cant get the cards off! I've read this a fair few times, printed posts to compare to my cards and cant get them off. There's only one screw visible, I'm prettty damn sure, i was looking for around 15minutes, got some funny looks crawling around on the floor looking at my door..

Any more help please?!

Cheers for that mate but i worked it out before i saw your post!

I knew there was something behind there and it was such abiggar to get off, in the end i thought oh f*ck it i dont car if it snaps and just rammed a screw driver in there and prised it off! The surround for the handle nearly snammed as well trying to get that off. I've left it off now untill i sort my locking out (cant see that happening) so i just have the window controlls dangling beside a stripped door haha

Back