Does this sound like the Starter Motor?

Right well still go the Micra for a thrasher along with the Xsara VTS for serious playtime lol however i seem to have a problem with the Micra and occasionally starting.

Sometimes when i start i get nothing from the car, I turn the key and all i get is like a whir not even that like a stalled whir. Does this sound like the solenoid on the starter about to go? After like 5 seconds or so i give it another blast and it starts up first time.

Any ideas

Cheers

my brothers fiesta does exactly the same .... so let me know if you find out what it is ;) i thought it could maybe jus need a good clean (like something may be sticking)

its the drive gear on the starter motor sticking, it's not sliding on its shaft and therefore not contacting the flywheel, take the starter motor off, clean it and regrease it, if that doesn't help then there's a fair chance that a couple of teeth have stripped off the flywheel.

so if there are a few teeth stripped off the flywheel, how will it engage second time round, huh!

Seen this before... when was the battery last changed... and CHECK the terminals have a decent connection...

A way to test is to turn the heater and lights on full and see if the problem gets worse....
then better when everythings switched off...

AS starting the engine uses a lot of power sometimes the terminals are so oxidised they are JUST too resrictive to allow enuf..

Back