Does the 1.3 K11 have 2 Cats?

Just below my manifold i have something that looks like an upside down bucket, looking on ebay it does look like a cat they specify for a k11e. Further down the exhaust I have what I would say looks like a cat converter (approx directly under the front seats).

Are there 2 on these cars or is one something else?

Its a 95 1.3

yep theres 2 cats. one in the manifold and one under the car :)
all the pre 2001 micras had 2 cats. but the 1.4 2001 k11 had one cat! ;)

about this, if you take the second one out will your car still pass the MOT?

As I presume removing this will give some power gains?

yes, mine had a co of 0.003% with the 1st cat only, and there ought to be gains, in theory :)

I would have thought there would be more gains in removing the 2nd cat than the 1st one because i cant see it actually restricting a lot as people say. But would it pass the MOT with only the 2nd cat?

I would have thought there would be more gains in removing the 2nd cat than the 1st one because i cant see it actually restricting a lot as people say. But would it pass the MOT with only the 2nd cat?

I have heard people say that they have failed with none, then tried to just to put the second on to keep their Japspeed on and it's still failed. They said that it was because the first is the most important & restrictive!

right with both cats on it will pass if the lamba sensor aint broke if you take the second cat out it will still pass but if you put a janspeed manifold on and a decat it will not pass an mot

if you put the second cat in you have a 50/50 chance of it passing the mot as its up to the mot`r if the reading is too high as there is a normal idle test then there is a fast idle test

but if you have the place to keep a standard manifold etc then i say do the full system to get the best gains from your car

Back