Ah good old Nats 2 (6wire) does it shut off the injectors?

Hi folks,

Looking to keep nats on my micra mini thats been sat in the workshop corner for the past year, ive now got wiring diagram for nats and have everything wired up, turns over, gets a spark but doesnt fire (no fuel is being injected)

Im wondering if either NATS shuts of the injectors instead of spark, which means ive somehow missed something (only wire ive left out is w/b radio but that shouldn't effect it as far as im aware)

or option 2 my inline fuel pump isnt pumping enough fuel to the rail, but im sure the injectors dont need much pressure as the should be activated by electronic pulse?

Tl;dr - Does nats shut off fuel injection?

yes it does :)
Feck, any ideas on what i can be missing, going off page 265 of the electrical 1 pdf i found here everything but the radio is wired in. Coincidently it was a post you participated in a few years back i had followed frank.

ill need to check tomorrow, id have thought so its been that long since ive stripped the car. is it right behind the heater, as in heater out car job? or would you happen to have a photo or part number of it? could be the missing piece in my maze of wires.

here,s one of paul,s pics

C725UZ (41)..JPG

Ok so I have these wired in,

Top to bottom
Led imob light
What I believe is nats box
Ign ring/reader

Unseen
3 wires to main fuse box
Wire to ecu
Cut radio wire which I'm going to wire to radio just in case that is the issue

The wireless control unit is the receiver for your central locking. The other larger unit is the superlock unit which unlocks the door actuators and sends the flash signals and interior light stuff. For NATS to work you should only need the chip in your key, the IMMU off the ignition barrel, and the matched ECU.

The wireless control unit is the receiver for your central locking. The other larger unit is the superlock unit which unlocks the door actuators and sends the flash signals and interior light stuff. For NATS to work you should only need the chip in your key, the IMMU off the ignition barrel, and the matched ECU.
So the immu on the ignition barell works as the nats box, or when you say ecu do you mean the actual engine ecu or the "nats box" ecu?

The way I read your answer means I have my wires correct and should be able to fire up but I can't as it won't inject fuel.

The immu on the barrel detects the chip in your key via that ring. That then checks for the correct code along with the ecu, which then allows the injector signal to operate. All three of these units have to be synced together to work. Now they also detect when a correct key chip is in the ignition so that you can resync your central locking keyfobs. Without disconnecting the units on my car, I couldn't be 100% sure that some of the wiring goes through the other units ie, the superlock, and wireless control unit and is required.

nats 2 has the smaller barrel unit and 4 or 5 wires ? iirc nats 5 has 7 or 8 wires ?
baguette posted up some info on them

I haven't tried but it should as I'm getting a spark, Ill try giving it a spray of brake cleaner and see if it will get the injectors going but I doubt it

Turns out I'm a f*cking div! I had the fuel and return pipes on back to front and rather than check the obvious things I jumped straight to "must be wiring" first time in about a year the engine has run, and first time it's ran in the "missan" thanks for your help frank and agent smith.

Can't beleive what a numpty I am, red faces all round

Turns out I'm a f*cking div! I had the fuel and return pipes on back to front and rather than check the obvious things I jumped straight to "must be wiring" first time in about a year the engine has run, and first time it's ran in the "missan" thanks for your help frank and agent smith.

Can't beleive what a numpty I am, red faces all round
Ha, ha. Been there, done that. Had a V12 Jag that conked out coming home one day. A nice AA man brought me home to my garage. The fitter checking it the next day, eventual found that I had fitted a none return fuel valve to the second fuel tank the wrong way around.
Of course, when I flicked the switch to change tanks.......she was starved of fuel when the line emptied. DOH!!!!

Hi - I'm new here and have read a lot of posts about the dreaded NATS (I'm N reg, so NATS2 with a red chip in the key and no buttons).

The rally car was stripped a good few years ago (2009 to be precise) and in getting it all back together and getting it going, my memory's a bit hazy! I have found all of the pics on this thread extremely helpful, and also all of the other threads about NATS and micra's not starting, and some excellent wiring diagrams!!!

It cranks fast but won't fire. I have stacks of pressure on the fuel rail, a great spark on all plugs but the plugs are bone dry - I've checked all the fuses and relays in the boxes by the battery and all seems well - all of this and what I have read on here suggests I might have an immobiliser fault, but I can't be sure because I can't find the red LED that would be kicking off if this were the case!

So I do have 2 questions:

1. Is the red NATS light that normally lives in a switch blank in the middle of the dash board "disconnect-able"? What colour are the wires going to it? This might help me find it or at least the wires to it.

2. Assuming that I can't find this, is there another way of confirming whether or not it is NATS? There is mention on here of checking a live on an injector. Is that as simple as pulling a plug of one of the injectors and getting a meter set to Vdc on the pin and a ground, and does it need to be cranking or just "ign on"?

Also - I haven't tried the "drop some fuel down the throttle body" as suggested above. What might this rule out other than the fuel feed and return being the wrong way round - I will check this but I got sprayed so badly in the eyes recently pulling the fuel hose of the fuel filter on the bulk head that I'm pretty sure that's not the case - but will check nevertheless.

Sorry for the long post - thanks for a great forum and clearly a really helpful bunch of people, and I do hope that I can contribute to the community as I continue to build my F1000 rally car, which I began in May 2008....

Cheers,

Back