does k11 have abs wheel sensors ? Or any models that will fit in

I need a abs speed sensor to fit in preface k11 I know most don't have it, is it possible to use a Diffrent wheel hub to fit with abs ?
I think @frank wil know

as long as the donor and k11 have the same hall effect type sensor then try just joining the wires azzy

not the wheels, the TYRES
they wont physically fit into a k11 arch, so you will end up very undergeared and a speedo thats well adrift

Right am with u now, but u know the abs front hubs are they same fittings to all k11 preface or does it fit different ? I only need the abs holder,

woulda thought the sensors housing woulda been standardised.
looking at the site, the 92-00 preface ABS hub part# 4001454B01 had changed in the 2000 facelift to part# 4001453B00 but that part was backwards compatible, fitted on cars 92-00+ so the sensor housings appear the same

I have one speedo sensor but on ur k11 which side is the abs speedo sensor fitted ? Left or right side hub

one mechanical or electronic speedos fitted in the gearbox diff to measure overall powertrain speed.
ABS sensors r fitted to all wheels, thats how ABS works yknow?

so the donor g/box has no speedo drive then azzy ? and uses an abs sensor for the ecu and speedo ?
if so you could try a k11 abs hub and toothed ring eh
an SR20 transplants have the same undergearing issues, primera tyres are bigger than micra ones eh

so the donor g/box has no speedo drive then azzy ? and uses an abs sensor for the ecu and speedo ?
if so you could try a k11 abs hub and toothed ring eh
an SR20 transplants have the same undergearing issues, primera tyres are bigger than micra ones eh
Yes sorted Frank, I'll just need abs hubs then as the rest is off ecu speed wire onto the the front abs,

one mechanical or electronic speedos fitted in the gearbox diff to measure overall powertrain speed.
ABS sensors r fitted to all wheels, thats how ABS works yknow?
Sorry this isn't in this tread and I know it's said many many times, but talking about stick weld vs mig as @pollyp used and @frank used what is the bad point and good point? I have lots of rotten sills on the rear driver side which am not sure if my stick welder 140 will work good and can do the thin metal weld as good, have you used your welder for this sort of welder before ? Thanks

i find it easier to do sill work with a MIG welder. i used flux cored wire before i got some gas, and it worked a treat. i generally use MIG for up to 5mm and stick for 3mm upwards. if you havent got a MIG to hand, use your stick welder with small (1.6mm) rods and you should be ok. turn the power down so it only just doesnt stick to the car though, or you'll blow a big hole in it!

i find it easier to do sill work with a MIG welder. i used flux cored wire before i got some gas, and it worked a treat. i generally use MIG for up to 5mm and stick for 3mm upwards. if you havent got a MIG to hand, use your stick welder with small (1.6mm) rods and you should be ok. turn the power down so it only just doesnt stick to the car though, or you'll blow a big hole in it!
that's good to hear so I'll be ok on very low power with small rods 6013 1.6mm. Do I need to cut chucks off the sills as I know it's very rotten but I wana keep my car as its a rare preface now, and working on something.

get a wire wheel for a drill and go at it until its bare metal and no rust left. i then cut out straight lines around the rust holes. buy a new sill (my local motorfactor has them at like £16 each), cut off the section you need, slightly bigger than the hole you've got, and weld it in place. do a good number of tacks to hold it in place first, or it'll distort the panel. at least 1 each corner and every 3 inches along top and bottom edges.

get a wire wheel for a drill and go at it until its bare metal and no rust left. i then cut out straight lines around the rust holes. buy a new sill (my local motorfactor has them at like £16 each), cut off the section you need, slightly bigger than the hole you've got, and weld it in place. do a good number of tacks to hold it in place first, or it'll distort the panel. at least 1 each corner and every 3 inches along top and bottom edges.
Do I need to remove any spot welds as an sure I can cut them off with angle grinder ? not bad price for sills, am having touble
Taking my front cross member off I took most spot welds off but seems to be some hidden ones behind the lights ?

yes there will be some sport welds to remove. either grind through them or drill them out. i dont know about the crossmember, mine was done when i bought it!

yes there will be some sport welds to remove. either grind through them or drill them out. i dont know about the crossmember, mine was done when i bought it!
Is it ok to grind few rear sills off I mean is it safe coz there is petrol tank in rear don't won't flames sparking on fuel

i just didnt point the grinder at the fuel tank....... i guess you could put up some kind of shield though if you're scared of it. i cant see grinding or welding sparks penetrating the fuel tank though. some water-soaked sheets should do the job.

i just didnt point the grinder at the fuel tank....... i guess you could put up some kind of shield though if you're scared of it. i cant see grinding or welding sparks penetrating the fuel tank though. some water-soaked sheets should do the job.
I was thinking about it as I have read when sometimes u do a welding mount for engine bay it has caught fire before just wanted to be safe as its simlar proceed

Old Thread but need to find out. Mines a preface 93 model 1.3 but I seen 2001 model Micra 1.3 are there drivers hub same fitting as mines ? Coz I need the abs hubs on mines as that model has it only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0b0980aed624c2f193c4429388112da5.jpg
adb9093bb0b2f3d5f637ffe5a637f6d9.jpg
right this is my arc Clarke 105 amps vs my mig welder 130amp gas or gasless just bought, after seeing @Tom west get both his mig and arc I seen both welders do Diffrent jobs but in Diffrent specs
First I was suprised how good his mig was and how clean it was without burning anything and the welds was very stong and easy to use. The arc welder was next to him so he tryed that on and that came out clean and strong using 2mm rods, both welders are very good so I bought a arc and now got a mig after watching both do Diffrent things, mig is all rounder defo for me, arc is good for all type of weathers, but can stick at times, and can't do very thin metal like 1mm. The mig does well on thing and think, and decent looking welds, I learnt so much from Tom and explained and showed me how and what, thanks mate

0b0980aed624c2f193c4429388112da5.jpg
adb9093bb0b2f3d5f637ffe5a637f6d9.jpg
right this is my arc Clarke 105 amps vs my mig welder 130amp gas or gasless just bought, after seeing @Tom west get both his mig and arc I seen both welders do Diffrent jobs but in Diffrent specs
First I was suprised how good his mig was and how clean it was without burning anything and the welds was very stong and easy to use. The arc welder was next to him so he tryed that on and that came out clean and strong using 2mm rods, both welders are very good so I bought a arc and now got a mig after watching both do Diffrent things, mig is all rounder defo for me, arc is good for all type of weathers, but can stick at times, and can't do very thin metal like 1mm. The mig does well on thing and think, and decent looking welds, I learnt so much from Tom and explained and showed me how and what, thanks mate

@tomwest

Back