diy video : how to remove rpm limiter on K11

I am a Micra fan from Norway and i have now decided to take the step into the big world of Micras out there and joined the MSC as it looks as a good bunch of enthusiasts with a healthy attitude towards a cool small car :)

As a new member i thought i would do my first contribution with a small video of something i have seen several people talk about but not shown how2do in a easy manner :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaCU5TLHi30

Looking forward to be a happy member of MSC(Y)

thank You for comment :)

Idle stays just the same.
I have 4 micras in the family and have not noticed any changes in anything else than rpm limit gone on those i have done it to.

Thanks for feedback on video :)

Some asked me if it was important what type of tape you use on this procedure.
It is not important what type it is as long as you make it stick realy good.

Here i have used a regular electrical tape in plastic :
tn_DSCF6017_1.JPG

And here , on a other project , a piece of Aluminium tape that sticks wery good to the disc:
tn_div%201360.jpg

It is also not to hard to do this with the distributor in the car :
tn_div%201364_1.jpg

Just remove the 2 screws holding the circuit box and wiggle it a bit out of the way ( makes acces to bolts on cap easier ) and then the dizzy cap etc...

Hey followed your instructions on this write-up to a T and when i reassembled my dizzy and started the car after it wouldnt start, kept sounding as though it was overfuelling as a result of covering the little square, any ideas what it would be? Have you experienced anything like this before?

No left it in car so the disk was left exactly the way it was before and running perfectly. I undid the change and the car is running as normal again

Its a '98 K11 facelift model. It's not the first time the car has overfuelled on starting, but after a few minutes it would fire away again, the only way i could get the car to run with this mod was with the fuel pump fuse out ( which obviously meant it cut out after about 5 seconds) ive since undone the mod and the car is running fine again, so, open to suggestions?

Back