How do you remove the rear headrests on a K11 facelift

Hi Folks!

I want to remove the two headrests from the rear seats on my K11 facelift called Millie. As I don't have any family its only ever my Yorkie and Yorkie x Westie La Mademoiselles Nosselle who sit in the back. The rear headrests are quite high up I have tried removing them there is no button on either to push, I have a seat cover for the dogs and with this in place and the height of the headrests there is only a small strip of rear window visible so as no one ever sits in the back I want to take them out and store them so that I can see out of the window better. There wasn't a users manual with my K11 facelift so I bought one on Ebay that says that they should just pull out but when I try nothing happens. I wondered if anyone has removed the headrests and if so how do they come out?

Thanks

Regards

Harley

I worked it out with my neighbour's help we used my car key to depress the metal strip that is visible in the plastic bit that the headrest fits into and my neighbour was able to pull each headrest up and out once this strip was depressed.

Back