DIY Hoodscoop K11

Hai thar!

I want a hoodscoop on my hood... orly? yarly! :) I can fabricate it myself because I work @ a bodyshop, so I got all the tools and material to create one. However I had a few questions about it.

Do you make it so that the scoop is exactly on top of the air filter (it connects when its closed), or would it be in front of it, making the pipe connect to it?

How about the water when it rains, wouldn't the air filter get all wet if the scoop would be exactly on top? Do you add some kind of edge to make the water go off to the side... hope someone has done this before and has some tips for me. Thanks in advance for the help :)

I had a scoop before above and infront a bit of the tb. Never had it closed off just had a filter on top of the tb and regards water I never had any problems maybe because the top of my filter was flat metal. It doesn't look great on a micra though, I think you should get the air duct from Matt humphris, it's something I would go for if I was n/a, it goes from the top of the tb across the engine and to the front of the engine

Thanks for the advice, I got a PM from Jas already, Im now gonna look for a bigger box off the GA16 engines, the tip you gave about the air duct seems pretty good too, I have a few tubes @ work i could use. Does the ECU auto adjust the mixture now that it gains more air input? :)

I wouldn't say hood scoops don't suit micras, that's like saying big arches don't suit 'em.
you won't know untill you try it eh? :grinning:

Back