distributors

RTLkyuubi

Ex. Club Member
When I came to put my bike carb manifold on, i took the old one off and realised that there is no vacum pipe to the dizzy. Ive got a mega mega late (1 of the last) early 1993 micra with all the emmisions crap on it.

I noticed that these engines have a map sensor. would it use this to determine the load on the engine and change the ignition timing acordingally?

nvm after reading the haynes manual, im correct. As it tells you to disconnect the boost (map) sensor when setting the ignition timing

hey mate recently i went to a old school tuner guy and he blocked off my T piece in my standard manifold and blocked the one on the carb as well and said the boost sensor was no needed and just did the timing and it improved it tenfold.

just thought id say :D

hey mate recently i went to a old school tuner guy and he blocked off my T piece in my standard manifold and blocked the one on the carb as well and said the boost sensor was no needed and just did the timing and it improved it tenfold.

just thought id say :D

would you mind going into a bit of detail please :)

Do you have the ecc control ignition timing? and with the ammount of vacum pipes on the ecc manifold, do you know which one he specifially blocked off?

Also when he 'did the timing' do you know what he did? did he just advance it a little?

i have the super s all tuned up.. anyways yea he blocked off both parts of the T piece and the one that goes to the carb.. he said it was pulling in air from the carb and was ####e.. so hes used the flywheel or dynamic balencer to adjust the timing.. and he put it pretty much in the middle on the bolt bit.. TDC but it goes back in tomorrow for another tweak . it might need 3 degree after tdc im going to ask him about the boost sensor again as i still think it might be a good idea to connect it.

i have the super s all tuned up.. anyways yea he blocked off both parts of the T piece and the one that goes to the carb.. he said it was pulling in air from the carb and was ####e.. so hes used the flywheel or dynamic balencer to adjust the timing.. and he put it pretty much in the middle on the bolt bit.. TDC but it goes back in tomorrow for another tweak . it might need 3 degree after tdc im going to ask him about the boost sensor again as i still think it might be a good idea to connect it.

The boost sensor alters the ignition timing depending on the load on the engine. with it disconnected, it will be only good in 1 certain place and not the whole load range of the engine.

yea i think that .. but car seems ok now.. but ill talk to him tomoz see what he said but he seemed to know what he was doing and didnt want the map side of things.

oh you lucky guys :p you are able to simply disconnect everything and it runs :D with my twin weber I have a special dizzy with 2 vacuum pipes connected.... If I disconnect them my engine is just starving :D

yea just got back he said because i havea standard LX carb and not the ecc one.. then it wont work so its best to just not use it. ive got to go back on tuesday hes goign to look at my carb because its not working right.

ive found with the boost pressure sensor that if u unplug it the engine idles up and does not advance or somthing as the car becomes powerless but thir must be a way of re doing the wiring to remove it corretly.

Back