Oil from inside distributor

CMF_RTK

» CMF Member
Well I have had a leak for a little while (3mths) finally got off my a$$ to have a look, underneath the car is a mess! I had a look at the timing case, it's fine! Then found a small residue mark on my rocker cover and more wetness around the head next to the distributor, thought it could of been one of the sensor, but no! But then found a sh!t load of build up under the dizzy cap removed the cap only to find oil in it! I forgot who I brought it off, but they said it was rebuilt few weeks prior to me buying it! Should I pull it apart and check how oil is getting in? Replace the seal that sits on the dizzy under the rocker cover? Or just buy another?

Read some where it could possible be the o ring inside the rocker cover

CMF_RTK

» CMF Member
so inner shaft? from the pic?

Attachments

• 76939.jpg
    76939.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 55

CMF_Mike R

» CMF Member
probably worth checking the crankcase/rocker breather ( that goes from the bottom right of the rocker cover to the air box ) pipe to make sure it is not blocked and the build up of pressure is not blowing the oil past the dizzy seal ???? ..that would be a cheap easy fix to check out first .

CMF_woohoomobile

» CMF Member
yeh, rocker cover off and poke all the crud out of the pipe sections with a cable tie or something, i would soak the **** out of it with oven cleaner too. that will clean all the scum oil out.
made a HUGE difference to the amount of oil finding its way into the intake on mine.

CMF_RTK

» CMF Member
woohoomobile WROTE:

"yeh, rocker cover off and poke all the crud out of the pipe sections with a cable tie or something, i would soak the **** out of it with oven cleaner too. that will clean all the scum oil out.

made a HUGE difference to the amount of oil finding its way into the intake on mine.

that pipe has oil residue but no blockage

Back