Battery issues maybe?

Hi all. My car is a 69 plate Acenta diesel 13800 miles. I bought it two weeks ago and am having some issues the last couple of days.
Driving to work today the auto start stop disabled warning came on. Stopped for petrol 20 mins later and when I turned the ignition off the whole car went dead, all info panels etc. Filled up and when I went to start it everything was dead, not turning over at all and no info panels. Couple of turns and a bit of swearing and it came back on again. Drove for a couple of mins and parked up for work.
Yesterday my front lights were flickering I noticed driving into work for a bit.
Could it be connected and my battery? Car was bought from a Nissan dealer so it should have been checked when I bought it.
The other thing is the milage I'm getting. Just done one full tank on a diesel engine and barely scrapped 390 miles. My Clio with the same engine was on 520 miles. It's saying 58 miles per gallon on my Micra panel for the 390 miles but that would be around 510 miles which I didn't get anywhere near.
It's getting me down now and taking the joy of having a new car away. I work late night and very early shifts and I need something reliable. I am dreading going back to it late tonight and it not working.
Any help would be great, thank you so much

I had an issue with a system stop/start fault and the car went into limp mode. I suspect the battery. I’ve charged it fully with a smart charger and haven’t had a repeat. Not saying it is that but many people have blamed a low battery charge. Some say the original batteries are not up to the job.

I had an issue with a system stop/start fault and the car went into limp mode. I suspect the battery. I’ve charged it fully with a smart charger and haven’t had a repeat. Not saying it is that but many people have blamed a low battery charge. Some say the original batteries are not up to the job.
Thank you. It does seem that way although they have ticked it off as okay on the pre sale check which is odd.

Sorry a bit late, does sound like a battery issue to me. It might have been ok when the dealer checked it. It could be just unfortunate that it’s failed since.

My diesel micra also says around 400 miles from a tank but it’s only a 40l tank at a push my Clio diesel I had previously I could put over 50l in so although it seems like you are not getting as much range but it’s just due to the amount of fuel it can hold

Thanks, it was the battery and all great since 👍
That's interesting, maybe it is just that and I'm putting in less. I'm on my second tank now and an on the last quarter so maybe 50 miles left which will be about 450 so it's better than last time! I assumed they would all hold the same but it's interesting that's not the case and I've learnt something so thanks

Back