Distributors. Anyone had one reconditioned?

CMF_mipcar

» CMF Member
I've used up my spares. Nissan quote over $900 for a new one.
So far all the auto electricians I've asked either cant, don't want to ,or quote over $700 to re-condition a dizzy.

So has anyone ever had one successfully re-conditioned and how much did it cost you?

CMF_Yom2

» CMF Member
Mychael, you can buy aftermarket here in Australia. Complete unit, price was around $300 when I bought one in late '07. Might have changed buy now..who knows.

I even remember the part number, was ND661 and was from a mob in Sydney...quick Google confirms my memory, and the company was Nardek.

http://www.nardek.com.au/contactus.htm

I replaced this on my Super S the week before I sold it as my CAS became intermittent. Hence why I rigged the washer jet hose to cool the dizzy....hehe.

Man I miss that car...everything was so easily fixed.

CMF_M5

» CMF Member
Hi Mychael

I recently had the exactly the same dilemma as you re: the Dizzy. If you go on to ebay and type in "Nissan Micra distributor", it will bring up a number of International sellers (mainly UK)flogging new Micra Dizzys. They range from about 85 to 100 pounds (appox $165-$170 depending on exchange rate) Warranties range from 1 year to 3. I purchased one a couple of months aggo, postage approx 40 pounds. Still streets ahead of the prices over here and a completely new dizzy to boot! Just a thought, hope this of assistance to you.

Regards

Henry
ps make sure that the dizzy they send you is for the 1.3 as I was told that there were some slight wiring differences between it and the 1.0 litre available in the UK.

Back