Anyone else had this problem?

Hi everyone I own a 1.0 k11 coil pack type.

The car cut out in heavy traffic and engine management light came on.

It had a mine of its own one minute the engine management light was on then next minute it would go off. I hooked it up the computer and was getting code p0100 (mass or volume air flow circuit malfunction) so I clean the mas sensor. Ran it for a while but was getting same problem.

I've just bought a original bosch mas sensor was working great done 100 miles and the car cut out again going round a round about :confused: I've just put it on computer and its coming up with the p0100 fault again.

Don't have a clue what could be causing it cant see any lair leaks, fuel consumption seems normal and engine seems to be running fine apart from that.

Has anyone come across this?

Last edited:
Hi everyone I own a 1.0 k11 coil pack type.

The car cut out in heavy traffic and engine management light came on.

It had a mine of its own one minute the engine management light was on then next minute it would go off. I hooked it up the computer and was getting code p0100 (mass or volume air flow circuit malfunction) so I clean the mas sensor. Ran it for a while but was getting same problem.

I've just bought a original bosch mas sensor was working great done 100 miles and the car cut out again going round a round about :confused: I've just put it on computer and its coming up with the p0100 fault again.

Don't have a clue what could be causing it cant see any lair leaks, fuel consumption seems normal and engine seems to be running fine apart from that.

Has anyone come across this?
Try and take the maf plug off and drive it see if it makes any difference, then plug maf back in,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

okay matey thanks for your help. I read on here throttle body are a common fault do you think this could be problem? @Azzydot
Yes they are common faults, does it idle ok ? Does it cut out after a few revs ? Or is it only showing as a fault on obd ?

doesn't cut out after revs. cant tell with idle as I don't have a rev gauge really in to invest in one but cant find one anywhere. ( its only really showing fault)

doesn't cut out after revs. cant tell with idle as I don't have a rev gauge really in to invest in one but cant find one anywhere. ( its only really showing fault)
I can only say it's the wiring somewhere I know bad ground is to blaim, do a volt test

It looks to be a wiring fault @Azzydot when I move the wires going into the sensor car cuts out. Sadly I'm not an electrician so I don't have a clue were to start lol.

It looks to be a wiring fault @Azzydot when I move the wires going into the sensor car cuts out. Sadly I'm not an electrician so I don't have a clue were to start lol.
It's easy to do you will have b/w wire which u can make a new wire from the maf connector and this wil go on throttle body sensor same colour wire can't miss it,
You will have a green wire on maf this goes in the Ecu direct pin 16 what I would do is find the wire on the Ecu keep it about 5 inch and make a new wire from that into the maf,
You will have a G/W wire from maf this wire goes to cam position sensor same wire colour,
Best to make 3 wires from maf connector and feed them in the order I said and I hope it's all sorted I would love to help but think ur far from Sheffield

thanks matey but sadly your right Sheffield is abit to far. i'll try my best to fix it or just take it to a garage. @Azzydot
Garage will say something Esle is in fault do it your self only need 3 wires and soilder them all up might take 30 mins that's all mate

Just worried I #### it up lol. I'll have a go first though cause I don't have the money for garage anyways. @Azzydot
you can't mess it up if it's colour to colour and you do it the way I told u, I wired a full loom in my k11 from a Diffrent car into mines am not a election so worth a try

Back