Digital clock display - Dash light

CMF_micragirl

» CMF Member
Would someone please have a look in their micra sometime and tell me if the digital clock is lit up when the dash lights are on? I just noticed the other night that everything else is lit but not the clock and I honestly can't remember if it ever was. Oh, the temp gauge is lit just not the clock. I hate it when things aren't perfect... Thanks guys

Micragirl

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Yes mine lights up.

Probably just a blown bulb or a bad contact.

To get behind the cluster to change the bulb there are 2 screws you have to undo. One under the brightness adjustment dial and one over the other side, but you need to remove the trim around the steering wheel to get to this baby. That stuff is removed with 4 screws, pulling the little thing around the key hole out and then carefully prying apart the 2 plastic pieces (they're clipped together). Bottom part falls away and you can then slip the top part out. You now have access to the other instrument cluster pod screw.

Then you just have to lift it kinda forward and out towards the steering wheel. There is a clip on the left hand side which usually comes out without much fuss. Depress the tab on the wiring for the brightness dial and pull the plug out so the big cover can come free.

If you have to pull the cluster out, there are 2 plugs which come out after a quick fight and the speedo drive sensor cable which slides out when you press a little tab on it.

Then just track down the required bulb and see if its blown or whatever. Might be an idea to buy a new bulb before you pull it all out though!

Cheers

CMF_micragirl

» CMF Member
Thanks, Tom. It sounds worse than pulling teeth lol. I'll have a go at it this week, hope it all goes back together in the right sequence or I will have a bigger problem than not seeing the time :p

Attachments

• 11455.jpg
    11455.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 24
Back