**Clock Dash Light Issue?**

CMF_Jon (2)

» CMF Member
Yes, the clock backlight should be on when your headlights are on as well as accessories/ignition.
The globe that needs to be replaced is behind the cluster and is held in by a brown/orange globe holder. Easy to change as all you need to do is remove the dash surround, it can be a bit tight reaching in behind the cluster though.

CMF_BeeBoop

» CMF Member
Jon WROTE:

"Yes, the clock backlight should be on when your headlights are on as well as accessories/ignition.

The globe that needs to be replaced is behind the cluster and is held in by a brown/orange globe holder. Easy to change as all you need to do is remove the dash surround, it can be a bit tight reaching in behind the cluster though.

Haha! You little LEGEND! Working perfectly now! :D The LED looks MUCH better in behind there than the normal globe. Gives it a nice white/blue colour rather than orange.
Thanks Jon!!! :)

CMF_Jon (2)

» CMF Member
Yeah I've found mine to be pretty good. There are some on the market which just produce a spot and aren't really that good for dash lighting.
What you want is a wide angle LED which will produce an even spread of light

CMF_AB-NRML

» CMF Member
i sorted my clock light on the weekend,

all i had handy was a UV LED so spent a few mins soldering the resistor on, clear heat shrink and mounting it in the holder, looks cool. prob half an hour work then i found bulbs, coloured silicone sleeves, bulb holders and even LED push bulbs at my local AutoPro the next day. but $20 a pair for the LED bulbs. i paid that much for 500 UV LED's and resistors so i might just do the rest of the cluster.

Back