K11 Digital Clock on dashboard problems

Hey guys,

My first post here, I've just bought the girlfriend a new car - K11 pre-facelift Micra, 1.3 LX. Seems like a great little car and I'm a big fan of Nissan's anyway, so was a good buy I think.

Anyway, can't fault the car apart from the Digital/LCD clock on the dashboard sometimes not working. The backlighting works, but occasionally the actual clock itself doesn't display time. It seems to be weather related, if its not raining it works!

My guess is wiring contacts or something? Can anyone shed any info on this?

Thanks!

Daze from AOC? :)

From what I remember from my old K11 days, the clock is just a 12V feed from the battery which goes in via one of the connectors at the back of the clocks, so I guess worst case scenario you could splice in another 12V feed that's more reliable!

When it goes off and back on has it remembered the time?

Daze from AOC? :)

From what I remember from my old K11 days, the clock is just a 12V feed from the battery which goes in via one of the connectors at the back of the clocks, so I guess worst case scenario you could splice in another 12V feed that's more reliable!

When it goes off and back on has it remembered the time?
Hey, yeah that's me from the AOC. Sold my Almera now, loved that car :(

Ah cool, yeah figured that as when the clock is working, it seems to stay on even with the car off etc, so I guess I could just slice a direct 12v like you say.

And no, it forgets the time and resets to 1:00 when it comes back to life!

Hi Daze - presume this is my old car :) Never even made the connection with weather - hope you get it sorted simply!

My new one is lovely - but doesnt seem quite as nippy as that one. Perhaps because its an auto...

Back