Diff oil!?

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Gearbox and differential use the same oil. I would be using a 75w90 grade, preferably synthetic.

There is a drain on the lower passenger side of the gearbox facing towards the passenger wheel. There is a fill plug half way up the gearbox facing towards the radiator.

CMF_cjke7777

» CMF Member
Yom WROTE:

"Gearbox and differential use the same oil. I would be using a 75w90 grade, preferably synthetic.

There is a drain on the lower passenger side of the gearbox facing towards the passenger wheel. There is a fill plug half way up the gearbox facing towards the radiator.

excellent thanks dude!

CMF_asdamepop

» CMF Member
on my pre-facelift 98 k11, the drain plug is where yom mentioned but i filled mine up by first disconnecting the speedo cable from the gearbox (cable leads from the dashboard down to the top rear of the gearbox.

undo bolt thats holding the speedo pinion onto the gearbox and remove the pinion. now ur left with an access hole into the gearbox to fill up.

my cylinder head was off at the time which made filling easy but might be a pain to access with an assembled engine bay cos of airbox, inlet manifold, etc

or use a hose with a funnel

Back