Diesel manual

Hi guys, I'm new on here because my Micra has got to the age where it's starting to go wrong. I bought a CD manual recently that was supposed to cover all models, it doesn't.

Where can I get a manual that does cover the 1.5 DCi engine?

Thanks in adcance guys.

Yes, it is a Renault engine. Probably worth having a look on a Clio forum to see if they can offer any help. Out of interest, what has gone wrong?

Slam

Alternator last month, this month it's slowing loosing power once warm. Though it might be the fuel filter but I can't even see how to reach it to change it, been told that's not the likely cause though.

Anyone know how to change the DCi fuel filter then? it's below the airbox that is entirely different in the manual and twice the price of the petrol air filterl.

Well laast i replaeced my filter i took out the batery and and then took out the air boks that is only held by a the batery and the pipse conected to it then it just slides up but i live in south africa and the filters is about 60 pounds so im looking for ways that i can replys it with a sepret diesel filter and water strainer or ways it can be cleand to extend its live time because in south africa they say it sould be replaysed every 10 000 km and for the fact that i drive 10000 km in two mounths its very expensive and there are free online manuals availble they are just not very spesifiec sorry for speling erros english isn't my best language

I can get you specific parts to a manual but its all online at Nissan and cant be downloaded. CD Rom was rendered obsolete years ago. The engine, K9K is indeed a renault diesel engine. Its Common rail and as you will be aware the filter has loads of pipes connected to it. The filter is behind the airbox. its a twist off job with a replaceable paper filter inside. The main cause of losing power on Dci`s when you have a good fuel and air filter etc and known good fuel is the intake pipe at the back of the head, it blocks with carbon along its entire length, luckily it is easy to remove and clean out. The ~internal diameter of said pipe is around 30mm , the carbon will block it to around 10 mm !! . Try to clean the pipe, if not other issues on the dci lump are maf sensor and egr valves sticking open with the ends occasionally falling off. Regards Ben

Back