the "1.5 TURBO Diesel" micra thread.......

R05_Micra

Ex. Club Member
Well in the pub last night, my mate (who is re-taking driving test due to a ban) is learning in a k12 micra. now we got chatting and he says the "turbo is knakerd" i said "what turbo?" and he insists its a 1.5 turbo diesel k12, i simply said they dont do a TD but still, we have a 5er on it now lol. he said its a reno engine and i promply said "yep ya right, but they aint no turbo on it", its a 1.5 Dci, then i told him about the k10 super turbo...yata yata yata..........

so please guys, K12 1.5 TURBO Diesel micra?

yes or no.........

I know the answer and im sure you guys do too but, i just wanna be a noob and prove him wrong! :)

Well in the pub last night, my mate (who is re-taking driving test due to a ban) is learning in a k12 micra. now we got chatting and he says the "turbo is knakerd" i said "what turbo?" and he insists its a 1.5 turbo diesel k12, i simply said they dont do a TD but still, we have a 5er on it now lol. he said its a reno engine and i promply said "yep ya right, but they aint no turbo on it", its a 1.5 Dci, then i told him about the k10 super turbo...yata yata yata..........

so please guys, K12 1.5 TURBO Diesel micra?

yes or no.........

I know the answer and im sure you guys do too but, i just wanna be a noob and prove him wrong! :)

Yep they do make them in 1.5turbo diesel,not many jap diesel know without a hair dryer on it and dci is renault same as nissan colaborated with renault on the nissan primestar and traffic,same van,same engine different badge slapped on them

what! :0 so it is a tdi, i dont think so like, but ill find out, yeah also vauxhall have a van to the traffic and primestar, dunno name tho....

yeah you can buy a golf 2.0l SDI that doesn't have a turbo.

I preffered my old non turbo diesels, less revvy and they just felt a bit more indestructible. I find it hard to beleive some days how fast my opel diesel vectra revs (2.2 DTI in veccy-c is izuzu based opel developed unit) it's horrible. Still it's got a really loud bypass valve, vrooom tsss, vrooom tsss

Had I known it was a Renault engine I'd have thought twice about buying one! It's been fine up to 35,000 miles but just lately things have started to fall off it.

It took 2 1/2 hours to get the alternator off, the engine has to be dropped to get the bolts out. Just fixed that and now it's started loosing power once it's warmed up.

Anyway, mine is certainly a turbo, tiny little thing it is though.

The 86bhp and 82 bhp are turbo intercoolers. The lower output 65bhp doesn't have the intercooler. They also do a higher output 106bhp version of the 1.5 dci unfortunately not available in the Micra (that would really shift). The 86bhp has loads of midrange pickup and 70+ mpg on a run :eek:

Back