Diameter of GA16 (Almera) Airbox

Hi,

I'm going to buy the Airbox but want to know what the diameter of the intake pipe I require is (as I won't be using the standard Almera intake pipe)

c92a8ee78112a4acf5f75fc83b24db36.jpg

Just to clarify, it's the larger Airbox in the photo that I am going to buy.

Was thinking of buying one of these intake pipes from eBay
2deabf30d8ed4ca81fddde1c8105cdac.jpg

All the universal pipes on eBay seem to be 75mm but I remember hearing the diameter pipe I require is 60mm, any help please

I mean I could just wait until I receive the Airbox and check then it's diameter but kinda wanna order the pipe soon so can get them both roughly same time (why am I so impatient)

As always, any help is much appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi,

I'm going to buy the Airbox but want to know what the diameter of the intake pipe I require is (as I won't be using the standard Almera intake pipe)

c92a8ee78112a4acf5f75fc83b24db36.jpg

Just to clarify, it's the larger Airbox in the photo that I am going to buy.

Was thinking of buying one of these intake pipes from eBay
2deabf30d8ed4ca81fddde1c8105cdac.jpg

All the universal pipes on eBay seem to be 75mm but I remember hearing the diameter pipe I require is 60mm, any help please

I mean I could just wait until I receive the Airbox and check then it's diameter but kinda wanna order the pipe soon so can get them both roughly same time (why am I so impatient)

As always, any help is much appreciated!

I will go and measure it, all you have to do is ask haha

About 60-61mm on my old one.

Thanks, K and N do a cold air feed pipe of that diameter but it's around £25, don't really fancy paying £25 for a bit of piping so might take the original advice of using drain pipe from b and q :). I'm not sure why all the universal pipes on eBay are 70mm, I guess that maybe the common size these days

Hey! I have exactly the same setup in my Micra, the 75mm end is too big but I took the rubber surround off of the inlet of the TB of a spare Micra I have (where the final metal mesh filter is from the airbox) squeezed that over the Almera arbox inlet, and then the 75mm hose trumpet thing fits super snug over the rubber bush. I haven't explained it very well but can grab some pictures in a bit if you'd like.

Sent from my m8 using Micra Sports Club mobile app

Hey! I have exactly the same setup in my Micra, the 75mm end is too big but I took the rubber surround off of the inlet of the TB of a spare Micra I have (where the final metal mesh filter is from the airbox) squeezed that over the Almera arbox inlet, and then the 75mm hose trumpet thing fits super snug over the rubber bush. I haven't explained it very well but can grab some pictures in a bit if you'd like.

Yeah, sorry, if you could send pics, that would be fab!

d232d02c178cbd3fff2907206b66254f.jpg
Take This

bb92ae189fd8047f1a6d4d6768ae2b15.jpg
put it in this

ab14591274c8333c2c2b64227ed45b36.jpg
Stick it on here (use some lube)

3609aa911d739f8aacdd69c5e2663d5c.jpg
put your intake on and done :)

Hmmmmm I see I see, so I guess I can buy 60 or 75mm hose then, whichever I can find cheapest. And if it turns out I find a cheaper 75mm hose, then I'll use your method. If I find 60mm cheaper, then thats already perfect size.

Thanks a lot for all your help!

Hmmmmm I see I see, so I guess I can buy 60 or 75mm hose then, whichever I can find cheapest. And if it turns out I find a cheaper 75mm hose, then I'll use your method. If I find 60mm cheaper, then thats already perfect size.

Thanks a lot for all your help!

Looks like you will still need to get a spare throttle body rubber and the adapter to use the 75mm hose though?.............

Back