dials kit

DAVEJUPP01

Ex. Club Member
does anybody with a k11 have their own customized coloured dials kit. instead of the original munufactured ones if so how did you get them.:k11green:

i think people made them, not sure tho.

you could consider changing the lighting behind the dials to a different colour to give it a differentish look :)

oh and welcome to the msc :)

oh yeah i suppose i could do that thanks. do you no of anyone who could make them or tell me roughly how to male them.

i am spraying my dash and stuff sometime after xmas to red &white i saw it done in my old haynes max power fiesta book i will get some pics up wen i start it

i dunno who did it, just remeber reading about it :) have you done a search?

could look into using the dials from an SR model (if your micra is 93-98 model) they are greeny blue :)

yeah good idea well i tried all kinds of searches i even emailed lockwood company seeing if they could actually make me some but they said not enough people wanting them for my type of car.
oh well

You can remove the dials and scan them into your pc, from there you will need a printer that will print onto plastic . These will then need to be cut to size and holes made so light can shine through.

Mike

well people i had ago at my dials this weekend but disaster.
i could'nt get the needle of my speedo clock then i accidently bust the wire behind it now i not sure if i gonna do my dials....
i had 2 go2 scrap yard 2 get new dials system. lookly it now work ok but i dont dare try it again lol and bust this one any suggestons how i could get them off without worrying bout it too much.

would be gratefull.o_O

yeah - cut a slit in the paper and position it over the needle instead of taking the needle off

thanks for that mate i will hav ago wiv it 2mora cos not at work till night.
will get pic of them for you to see wen i get it done ok.
i am gonna spray my plastic cover red tho so i not doing my dials red maybe blue BRIGHT BLUE LOL.

hey mate just wondering how do i try changing the design of the dials etc without losing the actual size of them for me to print and use once i have a pic of them.
would be gratefull cheers

what i do cos i use ms paint... is block colour out the whole dial leaving the markers, numbers and symbols. and then float image over the new background...

would look good over a pic of a micra or maybe a summer sunset mmm yes a sunset yah...

Wayne had a pic of his bird in them - looked well good -got pics but dont wanna post case he is offended

how do yuo change the colour of the lights behind the diels then? as the 1s in the 1 i ma getting are purple and i want to change the colour :)

well if you take out your whole dials unit you will see the little bulb holders on the back, all you do is either tske them out be slightly twisting them cant remember which way(it easy enough) and change the bulbs. you can either go buy some different coloured bulbs for it or you can spray them I think.

Back