de bumpstrip

samcsd

Ex. Club Member
I'd like to de bump the car, 1ltr yellow inspiration 1999, however on the guides one of the other members did this to a silver inspiration only to find the paint wasn't there (or it was a different colour, goldfish memory).

Has anyone else tried a de bump on an inspiration to find this?

hmm..

if I did remove them and find that it would need to be touched up any ideas how much it would cost to get some one to do it?

I've removed a few and found that theres pint but no lacure leaving a "step" leaving an outline of the bump strip. All you need to do is wet n dry it flat then give the whole car a machine polish

if you are going to do this I would advise heating the glue that holds the bump strips on so they cone off with ease and don't snap just incase you change your mind and want to put them back on

Hope this helps, martin

nissan put the bump strips on after the car was painted, so if there is any difference in paint colour it is due to a repair.

you could try peeling back a small bit of the bump strip, or try to look for any evidence that suggests that it has been repaired

one of my friends just recently done his on his dare i say it punto.... heated with a hair dryer and some fishing line pulled over from the back comes off quite easily.

sounds like I should be ok, I will probally remove the small ones first (Theres a little on about 10-15 cm in length by the door) and see.

I feel i should know but what do you mean by machine wash?

Machine polish mate, paint dulls with age, so when you remove the bump strips the paint will be in better condition than the rest of the car as it's not been subject to the wether and it will stand out. also if you need to wet n dry it little scratches will be left and it would of dulled the paint so with a machine polish it will blend it all together and all the paint work will look fresh (Y)

Back