dci knocking

Has anyone had any trouble with a knocking from the front wheels? I thought it was the wheel bearing but my friend thinks not.

Its definately related to the actual wheel because it knocks with every revolution. It dissapears. when the wheels are turned (left or right) or when the car is accelerating. It only knocks when i coast, and the brakes seem to suppress the noise too. its gets louder and louder as im driving. My friend says its not the bearings because you cant feel it through the steering wheel.

First noticed it when i drove to london on sat. Didnt start till i got inside london (2 hour motorway driving) and got me home safely too. If anyone can shed any light it would be much appriciated.

Been round my bro's today and he thinks its 99.9% either the CV joints or the drive shaft (drivers side). Is this a common problem? Any ideas how much it will cost. Cheers

check your tyres arent snaked tht will cause the knock and if ur unsure wot i mean swap ur front wheel to the back an see if the noise moves

check your spare wheel is anything loose in there i had this problem turned out to be the bits needed to raise the car were loose :D it racked my brains for a while too lol

Back