Dashboard clock

Hi, on an R reg nissan k11 face lift, did they ever come with a rev counter on the speedometer? if so what model spec would it be on? GX, LX e.t.c. and are there any pictures that any guys here can post?

Cheers

J

Hi, are they easy to get hold of and also is it a straight swap to get the rev counter working? Also what about the mileage, is there a way to change to original mileage if the SI clock has more or less?

Cheers

J

Try having a look on ebay, or perhaps scrap yards i don't think they will be hard to get hold of. as for the mileage it could be a little tricky :blush:

Hi shaun, thanks for your reply, i guess the mileage is gonna be little bit of trouble..... and alexzaki, thanks for your reply, the clock you have in your car is the same as what i have in mine as mine is a 1995, but im looking to buy another nissan micra which is a one owner 52000 miles micra with the cleanest bodywork ive seen also fully loaded BUT doesnt have a rev counter and to me thats important cos i like em loool, and ill be selling mine for about 450 pounds....

j

I think someone said recently that the mileage is stored on the ECU, but Im not saying its true. Also I think the SI are green not black

alexzaki i thought you had prefacelift micra?

Ups my bad. I see that you wanna change the gauge cluster on a facelift one. I have a pre-facelift as mckenziecz said. Seems i was reading the 1st post too fast :glare:
My guess is that the km are stored on the ECU, can someone confirm that?

I have a k11 post facelift without a rev counter. I've just got back from the scrappy with a rev counter speedo from another facelift and it plugged straight in and worked. The milage was wrong so i assume is not stored on the ECU. Is there a way of changing it as i dont wanna commit fraud when the cars on the road? xD.

I also currently have a post open for this, ive just baught a cluster with a Rev counter, however it has 15k less miles on it, the figures are stored actually on the clock, its not illegal to change it, so long as you state the mileage differnce when you come to sell the car, or there are companies that will re program them for you, however they are probably quite expensive, im just waiting to get a quote for this. I have been told they are just plug and play in cluding the Rev Counter. :)

Back