dash lights not working

CMF_ace

» CMF Member
yesterday my bro put a cd player in my micra, to replace the good ol' tape deck, and when i went out last night, my dash lights and centre consol lights are not working. does anyone know what may have caused this and what i might have to do to fix this??
thanks!!!

CMF_makes

» CMF Member
Hi Ace, first thing i would do is check your fuses.... These are located behind a removable plate at the bottom of the dashboard next to the driver's side door (there is a diagram on the back of this plate that shows what fuse is for what). Perhaps your brother may need to check the wiring he has done, it's possible he has "piggy backed" off this circuit ?.

CMF_ace

» CMF Member
its all good, i got my auto electrician friend to take a look, he'd just hooked up the earth to the auxilary, which ended up draining my battery completely seeing as it was on at all times. so he re-wired it for me and its all fine now! thanks anyway

CMF_rocket

» CMF Member
Ace that sounds like the same problem that I have at the moment i have spent hours trying to find the problem my dash lights are parkers are out and when I put the parkers on i blow a fuse, what did you do to fix the problem? I have not had time to get it fized might be simple!

CMF_milko46

» CMF Member
hey rocket sounds like the earth from your cd player has been connected to the illumination wire from factory micra loom, disconnect this and earth the cd player out to the body of the car as there's not one located in factory loom, then replace your blown fuse and should be sweet

CMF_rocket

» CMF Member
Milko you are a champ!! Thanks for that information it finally made me do some checks and it is all fixed I had spent a bit of time but as I had not driven my car at night since I put the stereo in as I dont drive it much at all it clicked it was the earth from the stereo, Thanks champ.....

CMF_rocket

» CMF Member
All i have to do now is replace a bulb in the instrument panel between the tacho and speedo and all will be sweet but that will be another time. keep up the good work these forums are great to get information from..cheers

Back