Dan is a sack

G_Man

Ex. Club Member
Hello

Well, tonight was very funny :D i will let Dan tell u most of it, but he made me go meet him saying his car had broken down, and was freezin over or something, and we stood out in the cold for agessss, about an hour and a half, wondering waht we could do to fit it. We rang Jamie to tell her to bring the jump leads as Dans battery was dying, and we pondered for a little longer and Jamie came out with " are all your cars juices ok" Dans face dropped, "I think ive ran out of petrol" were the words that came out of his mouth. We all looked at him like HMMMMM ??? and i went to get sum petrol for him. He poured the petrol on, attached the jump leads and guess what happened........

YES, HIS BLOODY CAR STARTED :suspect:

What a fun night :laugh::laugh::laugh:

please laugh as much as you can :kungfu:

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :D :D :D :laugh:

That enough? :p

I cant think of anyone else who has EVER made that mistake. Honest. :blush:

*** runs off

oh and i already did. along with calling him a nobber etc :p

but i liek the fact he used your phone to call me. i answered no then biatcha...hmm erm .. hi dan. why u ringing from G's phone

lol

Haha, cheers G lol!!! However my excuse is that since I put the new dials in the petrol gauge doesn't work, and I have been having to calculate how much petrol I used by the miles I have done since filling up. The clocks said I had done 220 which I can easily usually get about 300 from. However, I'm guessing it was reset somewhere along the line with me not using my car as much!!! :s What a sack huh!?!?!? :( Go on laugh lol.

:laugh:

Could only happen to you Dan ;) (edit ok maybe not :laugh::laugh::laugh: )

BTW 220 is a good average for the K10, so running out of petrol around that figure is to be expected.

What's happened with regards fitting these new dials then? have you snapped off the needle or something?

Kev

Haha, no lol. These are the new dials. I got the lights working on them, and everything else apart from the temperature and petrol gauge. It will usually get about 250 out of a tank easily lol. I put it down to been the carb freezing as it happened this morning too, and then was ok when I slowed down lol. Then it was ok on the way home for a while then it started again. Stuck on the grass verge for about an hour in the end haha. Oh well, at least I give you all a laugh hehe. ;) :eek: Oh by the way Kev, I got a price for that kit, apparently the guy makes the kits himself and is in the process of making a kit for a Max Power feature car. £325 for the arches and skirts tho. :|

Right well you seriously need to look at getting the manifold altered and adapt the filter to allow hot air to channel into it.

the piping could be fabricated for about 40.00 pounds, it's not a big job, I never got round to it being altered, unfortunately forgotten when having it made in the first place.

Getting the dials working correct will just take a bit of patience and trial and error as the wiring as you found out can be completely different.

Kev

Yeah, I think when I find the standard air pan that will be going on until the warmer weather comes again. Until then I will see what happens lol. :) I will have another look at the dials when I have a lil more time and patience lol. :p

I thought running out of petrol was pretty bad for the engine as it starts sucking up crap from the bottom of the tank?

RE: RE: Dan is a sack

Rusty said:
I thought running out of petrol was pretty bad for the engine as it starts sucking up crap from the bottom of the tank?
Yeah i was gonna say - when I did it ( :blush: ), one of the first things i did was get a new fuel filter :)

Everyone's entitled to one mistake :)

Oh wait, did someone run out of oil once? :p :laugh:

Sorry ;)
James.

and u was sooooooooooo close to running outa petrol on the way back from JAE too.... drivin for ages around lil villages trying to find a petrol station didnt help tho lol

Yep, thanks to good old Jamie's brains, the day was saved. Was to be expected really, I mean, there was only me and 3 lads...even putting their heads together...who comes up with the solution....a girl!!! Lol :)

RE: RE: Dan is a sack

Rusty said:

I was thinking about this, but then I thought, where does the pump get the petrol from anyway? Surely the pipe is at the bottom of the tank anyway, I will have to take one apart to find out.

Also you are a plank, Dan. :D

jamie!!!
i TOLD him what was wrong. but without being there couls tell him what it was exactly.
i said when he phoned and describved. it was either fuel or spark. thus why i said to check the HTs are connected and that the coild is fully connected etc with good connections. i just failed to even contemplate that dan would be so stupid as to run oiut of petrol
and DANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN grrr why diudnt u say the dials were faulty when i had it up on the axle stands u muppet. i could have looked at them

u seriosuly need to stop being so shy etc and juist say
dude what u think of this u think u can sort it!!

9 * 10 if i dont know my dad WILL know. so would have sorted that easily also. and i boobies aswell was gonan show u the LED dials setup aswell :blush:

Lol, it was nowt to do with been shy or anything!!! It was just that it ddint cross my mind and at the time it wasn't a major issue as I would just fill up wen i hit about 250miles lol. :) And no Jamie you meant the oil not petrol. I wouldn't be stuoid enough to make that mistake again thats for sure!!! And another note, somehow the fuel gauge has started working now!!! :p

Back