Cyclone

CMF_MSDVS

» CMF Member
Hey everyone

Just a wee msg to the Micra group to say
Thinking of all those who will be or might be effected by the cyclone
Hope everyone is well and safe!

From one queenslander I do hope this all stops soon; we need a break!

MSDVS

CMF_MSDVS

» CMF Member
From what I've heard the areas they have been to are okay, a few powerlines down & trees etc
But the two main areas that got hit Are pretty bad! But no-one knows yet as they cannot access there as of yet!

But there Is major flooding which is as high as two story buildings because of the 9.4m wave that came with it!

CMF_sikK11

» CMF Member
All in all it was a bit if a fizzer. Few roofs off but only on shotty houses and demountables. Mist buildings and stuff are fine. Worst part is all the farming crops etc.

CMF_MSDVS

» CMF Member
that cyclone was the biggest waste of time ever, all it did was wreck a few banana farms & sugar cane fields; would probably do Australia the world of good without the two biggest carbs for a while!
Lol

Sorry if this offends Anyone;
But they honestly talked it up so much
Makes me want to reconsider this whole post

CMF_adz14

» CMF Member
MSDVS WROTE:

" that cyclone was the biggest waste of time ever, all it did was wreck a few banana farms & sugar cane fields; would probably do Australia the world of good without the two biggest carbs for a while!

Lol

A few banana farms? Nearly every single supplier of bananas in this country is now wiped out, and about 20% of the nation's sugar suppliers too.

Instead of laughing about it, maybe we should all be thanking our lucky stars that the cyclone crossing moved down the coast in the last few hours and missed Cairns. If it had of crossed within 50km of Cairns, everyone would be talking a different tune at the moment.

CMF_sikK11

» CMF Member
No they wouldn't. Cairns is alot better built than Tilley and the like where is hit. They came out of it pretty well also. The cyclone that hit Darwin and surrounding areas a few years ago was only a cat 3 and I think we had more fallen trees etc.

It fizzled quite bad. Lucky it did but still was not as bad as it was talked up to be.

CMF_adz14

» CMF Member
No point arguing about it, but it was still cat 5 until after landfall.....

If you're talking about cyclone Monica, it was also cat 5 until landfall and it is arguably the most powerful cyclone EVER.

Back