exctractors gasket

CMF_tris

» CMF Member
so... this probably sounds like a stupid question to most... but im trying to get my head around what i need in terms of a gasket for my extractors.... im guessing all i need is a stock one.. because it would be almost impossible to find a custom one... but wouldnt that mean that the holes in the gasket are the same diameter as the stock headers?? in other words when i put the extractors on ill still have the stock size hole cos the gasket is still small...

or is the stock gasket slightly bigger than the stock diameter pipe so that when you put the extractors on it will not be smaller than the diameter of the pipes on the extractors....

if any1 can understand that let me know.... probably easier would just be to ask what people used... haha

thanks, tris

genuine nissan gaskets are slighlty bigger inner diameter then the stock manifolds/head. so they will be fine, there's no point getting some massively bigger diameter gasket then the hole in the head, it won't make any difference, as long as its not smaller (which its not) that make sense? anyways, muff is in the mail champ, g/f posted it, i'll have to get the receipt of her, fks me wat it cost.

CMF_tris

» CMF Member
yeah thats what i was thinking.. maybe they make it slightly bigger to avoid any problems incase its not lined up or something.... but just wanted to make sure.. cos it wouldnt be worth putting them on if the gfasket was too small....

thanks heaps and yeah just let us know.. can deposit it straight away!

thanks, tris

Back