custom dials :D

b47to

Ex. Club Member
i was bored today on my day off then i remeberd i had some k11 dials spare so decided to customize them so just thought id share a picture with you on how they came out,not brilliant but im proud of they to say its my first attempt at modding the dials.

http://s303.photobucket.com/albums/nn158/b47to/?action=view&current=IMG_0320.jpg

IMG_0317.jpg

IMG_0320.jpg

i like that lol got idea off this wallpaper i had on my phone im going to do some more tomorrow but try and do them perfect with a good printer

oi your on my turf ##### lol,

they are really good mate and i do like those little graphic too :D look the same colour as a set i did for someone.

get a scalple it makes cutting easier :D

What kind of paper/ink/printer's are you guys using?

technically its a trade secret because i have been making a good earning out of doing these lol,

i can do you a set if you like, send me some artwork designs and a set of dials and i will make them.

i use some very special paper, its hard to discribe but gives a great matt finish, printer is colour laser, doesn't work on ink jets AT ALL!

the real skill is putting the dials back together

as well as the art work, that has to be printed so that it all lines up right again.

yeah i just used a crappy ink printer was bored so fort i would give it a go lol,dont worrie nex dont think ill be making any money out of these,do you do facelift 1s ?

i was going to do facelift ones, but i need a set of facelift dials to work from, so if anyone has some dials they can donate then i will give it a try.

not sure how they come apart because they are differnt, and its not easy doing lots of different sets so i would probably only be able to do the stock ones without the tachometer.

i was going to do facelift ones, but i need a set of facelift dials to work from, so if anyone has some dials they can donate then i will give it a try.

not sure how they come apart because they are differnt, and its not easy doing lots of different sets so i would probably only be able to do the stock ones without the tachometer.

nex send me pm with your addy i lost it, will swap you facelift clocks for a set of white dials with red lettering and nismo logo on (super s ones) facelift clocks are none rev counter type

Then you can let me in on your secret paprer.. promise i wont tell :)

lol tbh i don't know what it actually is, i bought it off ebay and it was supposed to be something different but it turned out to be perfect, its got a special surface for laser printers so it can give even block colour and is also incredibly thin to let light through, its also more of a plastic than paper

nex send me pm with your addy i lost it, will swap you facelift clocks for a set of white dials with red lettering and nismo logo on (super s ones) facelift clocks are none rev counter type

have you got a set of super S clocks you can send me so i can apply it to them? i may be going to the scrappy tomorrow anyway to see if i can get a set

here you go if it helps
scan0003.jpg

oooh, can you actually fit the whole thing on an A4 sheet? otherwise its not going to work, if you can and you can send me an ultra high res of it perfectly flat that has been imported into Photoshop, then i can at least get the artwork made up

nex the only super s clocks i have mate im using lol dont worry about it i will get other stuff off to you as in pm lol.....

ill have a go at it tomoz and try my best to fit it all on the a4 sheet and get back to you

awesome thanks :D

you need to get some facelift dials wirth a rev counter and do some designs with them ;) iam sure lot of people will pay for them.

problem is that they are very rare, its easy enough to do but they are not very easy to get hold of.

nex the only super s clocks i have mate im using lol dont worry about it i will get other stuff off to you as in pm lol.....

ah, can you chuck in some stock clocks? its just i have to put them all together as one, and i don't have a spare set of clocks that i can do as an exchange you see. (sold them all lol)

nah its ok honest dont beat yourself up and i may have some face lift si clocks i can borrow to scan in fact i know i have so happy days photoshop you say will get onto it next week.....

nah its ok honest dont beat yourself up and i may have some face lift si clocks i can borrow to scan in fact i know i have so happy days photoshop you say will get onto it next week.....

awesome! well photoshop has this import option (under file i think) where you can import from your scanner, that way it maintains the aspect ratio.

i will be heading up your way sometime later in the year, just remind me and i will bring up the kit needed to do the dials ;)

Back