Custom Dash? Or send back.

So i've purchased a flip down car stereo which turns out the screen does not retract in to the dash. I jumped in to buying this when i seen the screen flipped down as you all know a K11 dash can not house a flip up. Turns out the screen is to be on show all the time so do i customize my centre console to suit the 7 inch screen, the main problem being it lands in the middle of the heat and air controls as the picture below shows

2u7n3x3.jpg

Do you think its worth me customizing a centre console to suit or just send it back
any ideas were wud be good to move the heat and air controls to??

Thanks in advance
Scottish21

Send it back, the thrill of attempting to put some heating on in the winter will become grating after a while. If it's on show your raising your chances of having your car broken into.

Mike

Hey Scottish21, I was wondering if I could ask you for some help.
Basically I've recently bought a Nissan Shape 97 (auto), which has come without a cigarette lighter. I've bought the fitting so I can charge my sat nav while on the go. The only issue I've had is getting the console off from around the gear lever to be able to unscrew the bottom centre console and get to all the wiring behind. There are two screws either side of the gear console, which I can undo, but I believe there is also one at the front of the console in the centre (just ahead of where the handbreak button would be). Do you know how to get to this and take it off? My Haines manual is pretty vague on the subject, and I don't really want to force it and break anything.
Cheers for the help.

Back