CR12 Engine/auto swap

Anyone upgrade to one of these ?, having to move mounts around isnt an issue and I would just get a parts car as they are plentiful over here unlike the K10 which make Unicorns look common.
Issues ?

Cheers

the k12 cr/s used a renault g/box i believe mark, and is bolted to the alloy lower sump too, i tried to measure the bellhousing bolt pattern once, and the side and lower ones looked different to me

the k12 cr/s used a renault g/box i believe mark, and is bolted to the alloy lower sump too, i tried to measure the bellhousing bolt pattern once, and the side and lower ones looked different to me

Hi Frank, thanks for the reply. If you had the total engine/trans is it too big to fit in the trans tunnel ?

hydraulic clutch, cable gearchange, custom shafts, problematic cam chain, a cr would,nt be my choice marc
what about a ga engine ?

hydraulic clutch, cable gearchange, custom shafts, problematic cam chain, a cr would,nt be my choice marc
what about a ga engine ?

Yeah here in NZ K10 don't exist and the K11's are getting rare damaged to find but the K12's are cheap easy to find. Think ill do a GA-1330 auto, stay with the 3 speed you think ?

Back