Engine Swap on K11: CR12DE or CR14DE

CMF_Mr. Fortythree

» CMF Member
Hello there guys.

I was cruisin' the forums for many years now, but i registered recently to find an answer to a specific question that i have.
I own a 1993, red, 1.0, 5dr K11 since 1993 which was my dads car and from 2005 till this day its in my hands.

I decided to look for a fuel consumption and power upgrade and the engine swap to a newer more fuel efficient engine was the only logical solution. So, my question is: Will one of these two, CR12DE or CR14DE from newer Micras, fit my old K11? What else needs to be change to do so and at the end of the day, will it worth it?

Thanks for your time.

CMF_Rudy

» CMF Member
glad someone brought this up, this year I want a fresh engine, don't know which direction to head, cg motors are old hard to get rebuild kits together, ga16 sort of fits with elect waterpump but are steel block and getting older, the plus with these is cheap rebuild kits from USA where they are plentiful
CR are becoming easy to get but are only auto in aus, I want to know how different the CR bellhousing is to the cg bell. would it be too hard to make manual and also what is involved with maybe fitting with the K12 auto(for a different project for the missus)

got to work now, also very interested, what do other people think

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
the k12 manual g/box is a hydraulic clutch renault unit, with a different bolt pattern, and the CR block has "cast-ed in" brackets and an alloy upper sump (with a steel lower pan iirc)
the ecu and sensors setup will be a very different, and a mission to transplant

CMF_Mr. Fortythree

» CMF Member
frank2 WROTE:

"the k12 manual g/box is a hydraulic clutch renault unit, with a different bolt pattern, and the CR block has "cast-ed in" brackets and an alloy upper sump (with a steel lower pan iirc)

the ecu and sensors setup will be a very different, and a mission to transplant

Thank you for your reply.

In other words you are saying that is quite difficult to swap this kind of engine. Is there any alternative engines to fill my certain needs?

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
Mr. Fortythree WROTE:

In other words you are saying that is quite difficult to swap this kind of engine. Is there any alternative engines to fill my certain needs?

yes it would be difficult mate, fitting CG 13 rods, crank and cams to your engine would be my choice :)

CMF_Mr. Fortythree

» CMF Member
frank2 WROTE:

"Mr. Fortythree WROTE:

"</div>

yes it would be difficult mate, fitting CG 13 rods, crank and cams to your engine would be my choice :)

Thanks again.

I might go to the CG13DE/LPG way, which i believe is the most safe nowdays!

Back