Coupla jap parts on their way

cisco

» CMF Member
My mate in Japan is sending me over a couple of parts shortly.

One is a B-Crews k11 ABS Remove kit. So I can use it to join up my brake lines now that the ABS unit is removed.

The other thing is a B-Crews k11 engine damper. It bolts from the right hand strut tower onto the engine and stops the engine moving so much back and forth. Just dampens it and controls its movement. Gives smoother launches and release of power and makes your engine mounts last longer for high powered engines where there is much more wear and tear on them.

I'll post a pic when they arrive.

CMF_Ghetto Micra

» CMF Member
other alternatives would be:

take your ABS brake system to the wrecker and swap it for a non-ABS system (MC, lines on firewall, etc) I did this with my SSS pulsar, worked a treat.

Get your main engine mounts made solid with polyurethane about $70 a mount I believe. more expensive than an engine dampener no doubt, but the improvement is well worth it, power transfers to the ground more quickly... :) these mounts are actually illegal to use in some autocross racing in the USA! :)

cisco

» CMF Member
That's a great idea re:brakes ghetto.
I was thinking about that. Its probably totally worth doing, hey Bosito, do you have those parts spare still?

I like with the engine damper that you don't have to touch the mounts, and you can just bolt the damper on and remove it when you like also.

CMF_Alex_B

» CMF Member
My personal experience with urathane mounts hasn't been all that nice, made my car rattle like crazy, even the window winder assembly in the door rattled loose so i could barely get the window up. however, yes they barely move and as ghetto said will improve traction/tourque issues if you have them. i guess if your not flustered by say a droning exhaust you'll put up with the mounts okay, :D im going to just get a set of nismo ones to replace these urathane ones as the nissan ones are far more expensive than the nismo ones with postage and possible duty/gst, however there are plenty more things ahead on my list of things to fix,

Alex

CMF_makes

» CMF Member
Hi Alex, may i ask do you know if the Nismo ones have any 'give' in them or are they solid plastic ?.

I have seen "racing ones" for other cars but these are some sort of solid/rigid plastic with absolutely no cushioning effect. Like yours I imagine, no good for an everyday road car.

I am interested in some more durable, firmer but still flexible polyurethane type one.

CMF_Alex_B

» CMF Member
makes, i am told the nismo mounts are solid rubber. My current mounts are solid Urathane, and transmit allot more 'harmonic vibrations' throughout the car compared to solid rubber mounts which 'shouldn't' be as bad as what i currently have,

Alex

CMF_Alex_B

» CMF Member
i should also note my urathane mounts are very thick, they only just fit inside the chassis bracket, have to be hammered in, take a look at the std mounts and see the movement available. I do not know if the nismo mounts are thicker like mine, i hope not. ghetto were yours so thick they only just fit inside the chassis bracket? mine 'look' like they would barley move 5mm on heavy accel or quick downshift :(. i reckon a cast alloy bracket would get the same result as i currently have, lol,

Alex

cisco - my abs failed again when it was raining :(, couldn't get a fault code from it either, be interested to see how this b-crews gadget fits up on yours

CMF_bosito

» CMF Member
Sorry Cisco

The wreck is now gone remaining parts for future reference which I'll post as a for sale thread are engine, front and rear lights, starter motor and alternator.

Missed the micra tonight fellas. Watched Trev race around calder in sprints and motorkhana which I had previously planned to do. It was an awesome night there heaps of hot cars and there was drift demos going on as well.

cisco

» CMF Member
Allright. Got the engine dampner and the ABS remove kit today. Turns out I won't be using the ABS remove kit.

But the engine dampner is awesome. Its already installed.

Not going to take a photo just yet, will take photos of everything once the car is going again (hurry up!).

CMF_Geoff W

» CMF Member
Cisco... I may be interested, depending on price of course in the ABS Remove Kit. (I assume you will be selling it as you have gone about removing your's in a different way)

Curious tho. What made you decide to get a non ABS set up from another micra? Is this remove kit inherently messy?

cisco

» CMF Member
Sorry if any Japanese people have taken offence by the abbreviation "jap". I'm sorry, it wasn't meant to be offensive.

Its the same as all the Australian Japanese wreckers abbreviating it and calling it "japwreck" "japparts" etc, its very widespread. To me, its the same as saying "Aus" or "Aussie" which isn't offensive.

I love the Japanese and have all the respect in the world.

CMF_2

» CMF Member
How long have you been live in this world?? this is what year 2005 is!! "Tradition" and "modern" language are all mixed up,take a look at "kyoto" and "tokyo".

Main point is in this whole topic, it got no intention to play with the word "jap" ....its just your personal point of view.

CMF_Akuma

» CMF Member
I know you meant no harm Cisco but Jap is offensive to Japanese. When I learnt Japanese at uni my Japanese teacher (he was Nihonjin) was quite shocked when his lesson book where labeled Jap lesson 1. So it is not just my opinion, and let’s not forget half my family is Japanese.

As for weckers well… lets just not there..

CMF_2

» CMF Member
Of course i know they're 2 cities mate,use some imagination? As i said its a personal thing,all my japanese friends never mind of the word "jap" to them,its just you(1/2 japanese) understand their language and english belongs to who?? Do you know??Yeah,the "Western people". On the other hand,what if an "Aussie" go to japan and tell the japanese in japanese,"Hey,call them Australian please! "Aussie" is offensive,sheesh....show some respect.."

Its their language,mind your own business.Am i right?

Back