Random - B-Crews visit

cisco

» CMF Member
Randomly went to B-Crews today with one of my Japanese friends (Hiro san) I've kept in touch with from the big micra meet 5 years ago in Kanagawa. Had a coffee with Fujita san and caught up with him, awesome guy once again and was just a nice experience to see him and the place again and find out what he's up to etc.

- There are 2 really old ex-race k11s for sale in his front yard still.

- Thesedays he's into Suzuki's big time. Loves them. Mostly swift, but some IGNIS (Old model swift in Japan) and a few K12 customers too. He has some Nissan GTR customers now too. He's making custom parts for most of these cars, but K11 is definitely super old news and basically there are a couple of old parts sitting on the shelf there now, but sadly noone is driving decent K11s any more over there. Japanese is always craving something new.

- He is now an authorised RAYS wheels distributor and was talking a lot about that etc.

- He had an insane looking swift there, which really was quite beautiful, it had everything including 1-way LSD tweaked for durability and close ratio box, full cage and much more, many aero parts etc, just looked like a fantastic overall, smooth package. All parts designed and manufactured by B-Crews.

- I scored a genuine leather B-Crews key ring. Woot!!!

Took a couple of photos, will post when I can dig them out.

CMF_Seb

» CMF Member
Nice report Cisco !

Being an arcade games fan (Mostly Capcom and Sega), Sony fan(Trinitron best monitors ever), Jamiroquai fan and having some Japanese contacts in each domains,I know japanese people (and especially "otaku") are rather shy, especially with foreigner people (only few speak english).

However nowadays it's less true, and Japan/Japanese are finally opening to the world, and at the same time more and more people get interested in Japanese culture, it works in both ways.

"Japanese is always craving something new."
It's surprising, for example, in video games, lot of people sell their old games on yahoo auction, but there is a lot of people on it when it comes to rare pieces. Sad to hear it's not the same for the K11, didn't used anymore for daily driving.

Btw, I wrote this topic :
https://micra.org.uk/cmf/message/51982
and would be glad to meet you in september

You can see my blog about K11 in France:
http://www.micra.org.uk/blogs/8127-Seb_-MSC

Waiting for your pictures !
Cheers
Seb

cisco

» CMF Member
Hey Seb,

Ok pics coming soon! :) Sorry I don't check this site much any more unfortunately. Just bloody got no time and working on other things these days. I have to write back to Mik also who is doing some great work on the site. But I digress..

In September, I am pretty certain I will be in Paris, so that is really bad timing unfortunately! I would have liked to meet up. But if not, I'll come back here and let you know. After September I may end up returning back to Oz, we'll see. Anyway, have a great trip in Japan won't you.

Anyway, while you're in Japan, what about some drifting action :) ?
http://www.powervehicles.com/driftlife

mik

» CMF Member
hey cisco,

keep the pictures posted, i'm very glad to see them too :)

Paris? How long, i will move to Paris in September if everything is working out! Lets meet up there, with Seb and the micradicts guys then! hehe would be pretty awesome!

cheers
guys :)

CMF_Seb

» CMF Member
Thanks for the link mate ! Those drift stages look nice !

Mik: Would be nice to meet you too :) I will go to Japan from 13 to 23 September, the rest of the time I will be in Paris, let's keep in touch.

Cheers guys

Seb

cisco

» CMF Member
You are kidding Mik!? :) All 3 of us might be in Paris in the start of September!??! That would be unreal to meet up then.. Roughly, I think we are heading to Paris on about August 29 or something, for about 3-4 weeks.

Definitely keep me posted here, I would be keen to meet you guys and have a coffee or something.

mik

» CMF Member
No i'm serious cisco :)
my girlfriend needs to study for a year in Paris, so we'll be moving there for this time. so lets have a meeting in paris then :)

yeah seb, i'm looking forward to meet you too :) i will be there long time, so we can have a couple of tech talks and hang out :)

cheers
mik

cisco

» CMF Member
Ok fantastic Mik! (Sorry, I'll get back to your email).

Ok, I'll look forward to meeting you guys in Paris, and good luck with the move Mik.

cisco

» CMF Member
Hiro san's Nissan MOCO with one of the original/silver site stickers. That was a surprise to find this car running around Japan with it stuck on the back.

Attachments

• 53585.jpg
    53585.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 30

cisco

» CMF Member
Two fully decked out B-Crews sample cars. The one on the left was featured in a popular magazine just recently and has RAYS wheels that were just released a week ago. Also custom 1-way LSD and all kinds of other super gadgets.

Attachments

• 53586.jpg
    53586.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 27

cisco

» CMF Member
Checking out the engine of the demo swift with Fujita san.. Nice one Fujita san!

Attachments

• 53587.jpg
    53587.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 37

cisco

» CMF Member
Hiro san and I, standing with his old "Leader March", which is now for sale in the B-Crews front lot. Hiro san is a legend.

Attachments

• 53588.jpg
    53588.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 33

CMF_Seb

» CMF Member
Thanks for sharing the pictures Cisco :) Sad Hiro San is selling his K11.

Rendez vous début septembre à Paris !
Let's meet in Paris early september !

Check your private message you two ;)

Cheers !

Seb

cisco

» CMF Member
Hiro san sold that car a few years ago, but it's just stayed there inthe B-Crews yard for a while :) He has a turbo Nissan MOCO now :)

Thanks Seb, I got your email, I'll add ya!

Also: Just booked my Paris tickets. Confirmed dates: Sep 7 - 28 (3 weeks). So I hope that suits guys, would be great to meet up.

cheers

Back