Corsa help :S

Chrisxn

Ex. Club Member
I was driving my mates corsa the other day.. (It was awful.... lol!) But I wasnt happy with how it drives. The acceleration seems to be quite intermittent. as in.. Theres power at one point, but then its gone in the next.. Then it comes back......

It seems to do this throughout acceleration, but maintains speed and everything when driving at the same speed.

Also, the accelerator peddle is REALLY stiff. If you think heavy clutch stiff... Which might be normal, but its nice and free on the micra :D I dunno...

Finally, theres gaffa tape all over the rocker cover.. I dont know whats under, but its not my car, so I aint takin it off!!!!!

Any ideas? I dont want my friend to go boom or crash for whatever reason (maybe loosing acceleration out of a junction? if you get me :) )

Thanks!

Chris (a soon-to-be paid member... at long last!!!)

The corsa I drove had a light throttle. I'd get that looked at, might need WD40. I found it slow to accelerate, and this was a 1.4.

As for the gaffer tape, if it is on there and not causing a fire, leave it.

airflow meters on them are a normal fault and cause the acceleration to be 'jumpy' as the air to fuel ratio is shot to "waste fromt he rear"

so that may be an issue!

stiff accelerator could be down to a couple of things!

cable jammed/caught/ mis-routed etc

or it might be down to the fact the car is ####

I hired one in Scotland and it's definitely the worst car I've ever driven. Put your foot on the accelerator and the 'power' doesn't register for about 2 seconds. Kept feeling like it was going to roll over aswell.

I've recently done a bit of work on my mates Tigra, which is basically a Corsa in disguise. Truly awful car. Sits at 70 at about 3700 RPM, ridiculously high!! Nice and economical...I think not. It's a 1.6 and no where near as nippy as the 1.3 K11.

Tell your mate to srap it and buy a micra!!! Best try and get some infrom From the Corsa Owners Car Klub

Thanks for the replies!

I'd usually just tell a mate to get it checked out, but this one hasnt passed his test yet!!!

what I'll do is try WD40 the joints on the pedal itself.. Just to see if it thats gotten stiff or anything.. If thats not it, Ill take it to a mechanic mate and see what he thinks.

Also, Ill get a replacement airflow meter from scrappy for him (with his money :p ) and see if that sorts out the acceleration!

He'll be getting my micra when I can afford a golf (sorry all!):p

any more ideas?

Thanks! Chris

From driving a couple of corsas and the tigra, I think the hard accelerator pedal is quite normal mate. Wouldn't worry about it.

Back