Corsa Coilovers

hoodedreeper

Ex. Club Member
Right,before anyone says to me 'Karl and Martin have fitted these,check their blogs'...i've checked their blogs but rather than flicking through page after page to find information out,i thought it'd be easier to have it all in one place.

Im seriously considering doing this but just need clarification on a few things on what needs to be done/changed/modified for these to fit.

- Hole in the front susp leg drilled/filed so it lines up
- brake hose bracket re-located/mounted and welded
- top mounts (what ones do i use? Micra or Corsa?)
- Spacers on top mounts? (what needs to be done?)
- Rear suspension (do i use the bilstein shocks ive got and cut stock springs?)

Is there anything else?

Many thanks in advance

its the hole in the middle of the k11 topmount that we filed, because the thread on the shaft was bigger, and we put a spacer over that thread to lift the top mount up, and make the leg longer/car higher :)

- Hole in the front susp leg drilled/filed so it lines up------- either top or bottom (upto you) but its not out by much
- brake hose bracket re-located/mounted and welded------- frank welded the original micra ones to the corsa legs
- top mounts (what ones do i use? Micra or Corsa?)------- use the micra ones with the middle hole drilled/filed slightly bigger
- Spacers on top mounts? (what needs to be done?)------- franks answered that
- Rear suspension (do i use the bilstein shocks ive got and cut stock springs?)------ can either use the ones that come with the kit but you will have to cut rear springs

I fitted mine yesterday And they are very low, I need new tyres really. Can't comment on the ride atm as I need to put a spacer under the top mount to bring the arch gap up a bit so I can actually drive..

I have finally got round to modifying mine today, i used corsa b items, drilled the hole in the micra top mount from 10mm to 12 mm, i machined the corsa spring mount down a little so it would fit the top mount bearing a bit better, and made a 10mm spacer to take up the extra thread, looks good, not yet fitted to the car but hoping i will get the time to do it on sunday..
Sorry didnt take any pics..

blobbletec said:
I have finally got round to modifying mine today, i used corsa b items, drilled the hole in the micra top mount from 10mm to 12 mm, i machined the corsa spring mount down a little so it would fit the top mount bearing a bit better, and made a 10mm spacer to take up the extra thread, looks good, not yet fitted to the car but hoping i will get the time to do it on sunday..
Sorry didnt take any pics.

Did you use the set-up 'Spring>corsa top mount>micra thrustwasher>micra top mount'? If so where did the spacer go in the arrangement?

Edit: This is the set up i used (pardon my quick sketch!) is this the same as yours but without the spacer? I need to add the spacer as theyre much too low for the tyres ive got currently

c6b758e4.jpg

Good drawing..! yes thats how i did it, the spacer i was reffering to was used between the top securing nut and the micra top mount not to gain height but to reduce the length of the threads poking out the top of the shock, if that makes sense..?!

the other way it could be spaced is, threaded part at the top of the shock is about 30mm then it is blank for 30mm, you could put a 30mm spacer over the blank area thus lifting the height by 30mm.

Just thought i'd share an update with the people interested in fitting corsa coilovers. My front coilovers are now done, complete with 15mm spacer under the top mounts. Had a bit of a problem with them yesterday night however as my offside coilover worked itself loose, and was knocking quite badly. I thought this was due to a partially destroyed micra thrust washer (the plastic thing under the micra top mounts) which i foolishly thought would be alright. What i think was happening is that it was causing too much friction and allowing the nut to stay still whilst the shockrod itself rotated, therefore undoing the top nut (i took a video at the time becuase its so much easier to explain). I thought the other side would be alright as i knew the thrustwasher was still intact but after testing it with the front jacked up, it was doing the same (this is the side shown in the video). So at half 11 last night both my front coilovers came off, got dismantled and both thrustwashers got removed so i had the setup of shock>spacer>corsa top mount> micra top mount>top nut. The corsa topmount has a bearing race in it so it allows the coilover to rotate and after re-fitting on the car and testing again, the wheels turned without the thread or nut moving so im hoping this has solved the problem.

Coilovers (FK Street for Corsa B):

a8604d06.jpg

Pic without spacer:

85999162.jpg

With spacer:

a967df62.jpg

Video:

Hope this helps :)

Was a hell of a lot easier than trying to explain it well lol. Thats what i was like before, no movement now though so hopefully its cured :)

Whats the highest these can be set to does anyone know or is it only recommended for people looking to drop their car to the floor?

Eire said:
Whats the highest these can be set to does anyone know or is it only recommended for people looking to drop their car to the floor?

Haven't really tried as high as possible, at the moment im runnng 175/60/13s on 7J wheels with +20 offset, and there's about 15mm of gap (ish)

Have started on the backs today, but like the fronts, im a bit confused as to which micra/corsa combination is best (help?!). Also, the bush sides need to be ground down so it fits (which has been mentioned already) but what's also needed is a smaller diameter nut and bolt, as the hole in the bush on the corsa shocks is smaller than the one on the micra units.

Just took some pics of the problem. The first pic is the individual parts i thought would be the best set up and goes: shock>washer that came with corsa suspension that sits on the lip on shaft>micra sleeve/topmount>micra lower bush>car>micra top bush>micra top washer. Other pics show lack of thread.

P1020873.jpg

P1020874.jpg

P1020876.jpg
#

I'm stumped.

Nice one glad you got it sorted.. was going to do mine but after spending the morning polishing my other car as soon as i got time to work on the micra it started to pee it down..! maybe tomorrow..

Back