Coolent piping advice

Good afternoon,
So I've got a question regarding how Intending to plumb the radiator on my micra engine.http://s1111.photobucket.com/user/lawrence8322/media/Mobile Uploads/20170118_125335.jpg.html] [/URL]

Now before I finalise and start cutting can anyone spot any issues with flow etc due to the redirection of pipework. The two pipes at the top of the photo go to the heater matrix and the two going out to the right go to the radiator inlet and outputs.

My question is regarding the two pipes attached to the top blue pipe and I'm just checking that as I have moved them from the normal area that the cooling system won't be impacted

Lawrence

plumbing route looks fine to me but make sure the filler pressure cap/ expansion port is at the highest point of the cooling system so air doesn't get trapped

Thankyou for the reply Pollyp it's appreciated,
If you look closely next to the link pipe part on the rocker cover there is an outlet on the radiator, I'm planning to link this to an expansion tank on the bulkhead. It'll make the system a bit of an arse to fill and bleed but will be high enough in the system to drain all the air

the little loop pipe that nissan fitted near the thermostat is a bypass for when the heater is turned off and the stat is closed iirc lawrence

looks doubtful to me tbh mate, the stock setup sends it round the heater (and the U shaped bypass hose) if the stat is closed, then sends it to the rad also when the stat is open

in that case i would delete the bypass personally mate, else the flow will take the shortest/easiest route and starve the flow to the rad imo ?

Hang on,
Im getting a bit confused with this, I was under the impression that the water flowed along the steel piped part first, into the water pump, around the block then out the two outlets, one to the heater matrix and one into the overflow pipe.
Wouldn't deleting the overflow cause a build up in pressure for the pipe that goes to the heater matrix? Especially when the stat is to closed? Or am I imagining the water pump is at a higher pressure than it is in real life?

i ran mine with the bypass clamped lawrence, and that increased the flow to the heater and rad (just had to disconnect the heater valve at fully open)
your rad pipes are longer and look thinner than the stock ones

The pipes are slightly smaller. Micra is 32mm for the top and 25mm for the bottom of the rad I believe.
Mine is 25initally for the top hose and then goes to 32 as my rad has inlets and outlets of 32.
They are definitely longer Than standard like you say.

But like you said that link pipe is for when the heater matrix is turned off therefore it must be an appropriate size else Nissan would have made it bigger, ergo I can run mine without the link pipe as I have no valve to restrict the flow to my heater

Back