Coolant question

Guy

Has gone over to the oily side...
Club Member
Hi guys, I've got 3x 1 litre bottles of Nissan L250 coolant i bought for the K11 but never used. I want to change the collant in the 160. I know it takes 5.3 litres but do you use the L250 neat or 50/50 with water or what? TIA :).

well i always top mine up with water and then when it comes to winter flush it and add 50/50 coolant and water (normally what it says on the back), so with 3 litres of coolant and the rest water i cant see it doing any harm

Cool, cheers Alex - just what I expected. Just checked and found it was about 1.2 litres short of coolant so I chucked a litre of L250 and some water in :doh:. Just had a good look and looks a right pig of a job! The casual 'disconnect heater pipe' in manual doesn't mention it's behind the engine about a foot behind the overhang at the bottom of the windscreen :eek:.

Weirdly enough, I've got a huge reverse osmosis unit from when I kept fish. I can make as much pure water as I need (and it's what I used) :).

Hello Guy, where is the best place to purchase L250 from, as ive got K12 1.2 sport and want to buy a bottle of top up for the winter.
Is L250 the best type for K12 du know?. PS love the new car the alloys set it off a treat. :)

Hi Pip, the stuff they now sell is called L248. It's premixed 50/50 so just chuck it straight in :).

Back