coolant level of a micro initial 1.2

Hi, I’m new here. I’ve just bought a micro and got a silly question to ask.
Does anyone know how to check my coolant level for a micra initial (56reg 1.2 3drs)?
I couldn’t tell where the maximum and minimum lines are!!
Please help me out. :down:

If you take the cap off the expansion tank and look down the hole, you will see two tapering plastic bits. Fill until the level reaches the end of the two tapering plastic bits :). I should know, mine has a very slow leak.

Edit: And while you're at it, have look here and sign my guestbook :).

is there any areas where leaking is a regular occurance? I topped up our newly acquired 1.2 xs on wednesday and it seems to be going down very slowly.

It may just be heat related as i can't see any leaks but are there any spots its known for leaking.

Thanks

Dave

Mines doing exactly the same thing. Might take a look at the water pump soon as I can't see any evidence of leaks elsewhere fwn.

Car manufacturers recommend mantain the coolant tank in the lowest level because if you have a overheat the boiling water returns to the coolant tank and if it is full the water will dam up.

Juan is right never full to the top, same with oil leave it in middle or to lower end of dip stick. Like 99% of things when they get warm they expand.

Also use K-Seal if you have a slow leak, Don't use rad weld it's awful.

K-Seal will even stop headgasket leaks on the water jackets.

Back