Greetings from a newbie!

tse_adam

Micra Attitude
hi

today i bought a second hand black micra 1.4 SX with 14k on clock then i found this very useful forum and i hope you guys will go easy on me.

there are a couple of questions i would like to ask and really appreciated if anyone of you can provide any advice etc.

1) any links to chipping/remapping a K12 and other tuning products for sale? whats the bhp improvement and how much?

2) i notice Nissan dont sell SX models anymore so its has been a ##### trying to find some decent info about the car's spec/equipment level etc. Is SX better or worse than SE or sport if i am right into thinking SVE is the best?

3) some 1.2 SX have keyless start but i dont think mine has, is that feature supposed to be an option rather than standard? and how do i find out if i have such feature?

i'll stop asking now, thanks in advance for your answers guys!:k12cop:

oh i forgot something i wanted to ask too:

4) if i were to change the headunit to another, can i still use the steering controls? or do i need an adaptor for that?

5) where can i find wind deflectors for sale?

thank you once again

the steering wheel controls depend on the headunit i think some let you link it up...and most dont

wind deflectors cann be bought off ebay or nissan dealers..aroud £35

im looking into chipping/tuning for the k12 atm..not much around atm tbh

keyless k12's have a swith for the ignition rather than a key ,they also have like a litlle rubber button on each door so you can lock them..they only work whilst your fob/transmiter thing is in close range with the car..i think its an option but not 100%

and the best model of k12 is the 160sr

SX models came std with the keyless entry.

The sx model is also the same as the sport models. so just look for sport...also the urbis is the same.

the 160sr is not top of the range. The SVE is. its more expensive (EXCLUDING THE CC)and has more gadgets etc and is classed as the luxary micra....the 160SR is the most powerful but the kit you get with it is rubbish.

the range when the SX first came out used to go

E, S, SE, SX, SVE

now its

E(IF THEY STILL DO IT), S, SE, Sport(&S+), 160SR, SVE,

do you use a key to start the car? if so you havent got keyless entry.

headunit is a bit of a mystery to me. Ive been told by 2 different places that if i fit a head unit ill lose the controls on the wheel. Another said i could keep them but i would have to buy an adaptor so it could work.
nissan also told me that if i had the optional DVD player fitted from them it would also disable the controls so your answer to that question is....dont know.

couldnt you just make one post ??

and imo the sporty/performance models are the top of the range....like the focus st is the best focus imo,not the giha...

RIK said:
and imo the sporty/performance models are the top of the range....like the focus st is the best focus imo,not the giha...
Yeah But he asked for an answer not an opinion.

thanks for the reply guys. from what you guys were saying i dont think i have keyless start as i can insert my keys into the ignition but i definitely got keyless entry.

so it automatically unlocks when i walk up to it with key in pocket, so does it lock itself if i walk away from the car?

thanks lads

tse_adam said:
thanks for the reply guys. from what you guys were saying i dont think i have keyless start as i can insert my keys into the ignition but i definitely got keyless entry.

so it automatically unlocks when i walk up to it with key in pocket, so does it lock itself if i walk away from the car?

thanks lads

you have to press the black button on the door handle to lock it..from what i remember from my chat with yorkshireman at the sheff meet..his has the keyless ignition

kirton: he asked if the sve is the best..so i answerd no cos the 160sr is better

welcoime to the club :)

nismo what extras over the 160sr does the sve have?

with the k11 range the sr was the sporty but se was the top model

tse_adam said:

thanks lads
Hello + welcome to the club! :grinning:
Have you ever tried to start your car by just turning the "switch" on the ignition barrell without inserting the key into it? Have a go ,it may surprise you! (the ignition key still needs to be close by you) :suspect:

from what i can see from the e-brochure from nissan, 160 gets the sporty options and the SVE gets the comfort options. so i would say both are top models but in different aspects thats all.

the SVE has rear parking sensors, auto climate air-con but 160 gets esp, alloy pedals etc. think you can see where this is going.

Dr Zoidberg said:
welcoime to the club :)

nismo what extras over the 160sr does the sve have?

with the k11 range the sr was the sporty but se was the top model
The SE+ was the top model on the k11and the sporty version was the sport+.
:upside:

k12 sve has extra to 160sr as follows: ultrasonic rear park sensor-keyless entry-climate control.
However the 160sr has bigger wheels 16" instead of 15"-electronic stability programme-bodykit.
Probably a few other things but i think thats the main ones. fwn

tse_adam said:
from what i can see from the e-brochure from nissan, 160 gets the sporty options and the SVE gets the comfort options. so i would say both are top models but in different aspects thats all.

theres the answer.

i shall try that tomorrow, I have seen a car with keyless start dont actually have hole for key insertion, unfortunately mine has so i doubt it will work.

even if it is, isnt there some kind of procedures i need to follow before i turn the barrell? i heard you have to step on the brake pedal before doing so is that correct?

i have read through the official fuel consumption figures, it states my micra has a 46 litre tank which should do about 440 miles based on a combined cycle of 44mpg. i am pretty sure that is kind of impossible, let me know if you guys have seen that happen! (combined so not granny driving)

Yeah that is pretty impossible, in my 1.2 I get about 330 miles from a full tank. But it does get the pedal to the floor treatment most of the time so you could probably get a bit more than that. As for the smart key thing, I have it and yeah ya do have to have the foot brake on to turn the ignition on (which is just a bit of plastic which sticks out from where the key would usualy go), by the sounds of it i don't think you have that. Probably a good thing because I just think it's a pain in the arse.

yeah but then you get a load of stupid noises if you leave ur door open or key in or summit, lol! really annoying when trying to clean ur car out with the ignition on (for music), lol.

tse_adam said:
I have seen a car with keyless start dont actually have hole for key insertion, unfortunately mine has so i doubt it will work.
ALL MICRAS HAVE THE HOLE ON THE STEERING COLUMN.THE HOLE WHERE THE KEY GOES IS UNDER A PLASTIC COVER,WHICH SOUNDS AS IF YOURS HAS BEEN REMOVED . :wasntme:

oh so theres suppose to be a plastic cover huh, what if someone wanted to use the keys this time round? they need to take away the plastic cover then insert key everytime? thats a bit of hassle!

i dont think the previous owner took care of the car properly either, does your micra sound quite noisy with the engine running? my mum has a 52 plate almera and its so quiet you cannot tell whether you have the engine running or not when stationary. sounds like hard-life (thrashing) under previous owner?

Hello and Velcome :grinning:
Rik is right if you have your key with you (in yer pocket) you have to push the button on the handle to either lock or un lock your car, if you push the drivers door button twice in 3sec period the boot and passenger doors unlock too :wasntme: if not you will have to use the switch next to the handbreak.
If you just walk away from the car it will NOT lock you HAVE to press the button.

anything else just ask:glare:

Yorkie

thanks for the info guys, i am learning new things with my micra everyday. i used to own an alfa 147 and i thought it had a lot of features already but im somewhat surprised that this little nissan has got some features that the alfa car dont.

does anyone know how to calculate bhp per tonne etc? well my alfa before has 120bhp and weighs 1260kg, the micra however has 88bhp and weighs 960kg. which one has the better power to weight ratio or whatever they call it?

just thought i'll post some pictures of my alfa 147 and my mate's 550bhp evo 4, one of the fastest in the country. he is a semi-pro rally driver and he has been on many magazines before, so if there is any VERY hard to find part then he is the man to speak to.

DSC00061.jpg

DSC00062.jpg
DSC00063.jpg

DSC00064.jpg

i just found out the previous owner lost the instruction manual, where can i get one? or to find information about my car?

i am having difficulty using the auto wipers, the little booklet saids that i need to reset the auto wipers for each journey but i dont know how to. And what grade engine oil is in the micra? cos i feel it is time to top up as last service was 5k ago and i doubt the previous owner took good care of it.

thx again guys

You will be able to get another owners manual off a nissan dealer, or you might find one on ebay. By re-setting the rain sensing wipers it just means turn the wipers to fully off, then back to the first one (rain sensing setting). You need to do it if you turn your engine off or if you stall, lol.

yay i do have keyless entry and it really is an advantage especially i play footie day in day out and i carry all these balls and equipment back to the car when i finish. no more dropping my things on the floor and go through my pockets etc!

i notice there is a anti-hijack mode we can set to our central locking system. we can choose between press the black button once to unlock all doors or press once to unlock drivers side first, another press will unlock all doors. which one do you all prefer?

Back