Continuation of 12" Wheels: Q's Time

Squizza

Ex. Club Member
I'm sure a lot of this is like walking in the park, however I'm a novice!

Got some questions, has some of you know I bought some 12" Ultralites! :)
Got the back two on like a boss and done a good bit of driving on them, no problem!

However the front two are a little more irratating :mad:
As I knew they would they catch on the Brake Calipers...
So bought some 6mm Spacers and there's four 2mm dots where there still catching: could something be done at this stage? o_O
So again out of interest and putting franks logic I doubled the spacers up in affect 12mm Spacers and they still just catch!
Now Am I better get extended studs and hope for the best with 15mm spacers or can I file the Calipers a little???
If I do extend the studs, how easy are they to extend??? ...and which ones do I get as well as where from???

Cheers,
Luke the idiotic novice!

It gets worse Frank couple of week back I dropped my phone into industrial dust, which meant I had to get a new fone... and living so far away from proper civilisation has meant still can't upload photo's from my phone due to not having correct software!

On the 12mm spacers it will turn the wheels with a little force... its just the outer edge of the caliper! :(
But If I have it on what will have to be probs 15mm spacers I'm definetly gonna have to put extended studs on, which will be a garage job as I just won't trust myself.
In theory the calipers will file down cos it is just on the very outer edge... if I could get maybe 10mm spacers and file for 4mm of caliper that would be great, but probably not safe! :eek:

So I'll probably have to put it into garage to extend the studs and put 15mm spacers on with the 6mm spacers on the back to even it out-ish :(

you can usually grind a couple of mm off the caliper mate, too much spacing on the front will give a lot of poke and scrub radius eh

Yeah thats what worries me pal...
Scrub isn't too bad as there 12's and I've only lowered 80/60mm, but poke is a worry!
The wheels are only 165wide so 15mm on front and maybe 10mm on back should make them sit in line with the body, so eventually or if it doesn't cost too much I'll do that!
Alternatively I may get some 10mm spacers and grind a bit off the edge and see what happens, and put the 6mm spacers on back :)

you can usually grind a couple of mm off the caliper mate, too much spacing on the front will give a lot of poke and scrub radius eh
Defo do this! Like I said in the other thread, different car of course, but I've done this before and it worked a treat, especially if you've only got a couple of mm to go. Have a crack at it and if it still isn't having none of it then bite the bullet and get 10mm spacers.

By the way, I'm really looking forward to seeing pictures of this - haven't seen many K11s rocking 12s!

Well I want things looking pro so I've measured up decided extended studs all round (from hoopdub) and then 15mm spacers!
..as soon as it is done and I've got means of uploading pictures I'll be making a blog! :D

Back