Considering a delta

daveeeeee

Ex. Club Member
Been looking at a few lancia delta's over the past few weeks, with the micra near completion (believe it or not it actualy is lol) I want somthing else to use for a track car untill next year when i can afford the insurance to put it on the road. i love these cars and just about have the money very tempted just wondering if anyones had any experiance with these?

cheers

Parts for them are in short supply too, iirc. There's only one business in the U.K. (I think) that sells new and reconditioned parts. Then the fact they're all left hand drive, aren't they? :p

body pannels are expensive and hard to obtain too - plus being one of the hottest hatches ever finding one that hasn't been thoroughly ragged is unlikely...

1024_delta_hf_integrale_evoII_final_edition.jpg

Mmmm.. :love:

they did one of these on that "wheeler Dealers" program on sky... was like 4000 all finished, looked MINT

they are unreliable, very hard to get parts for, there are many many different versions, they are over priced and arent that quick. the starter motor and alternator require the engine out, the transfer boxes break easily and the brake discs on the front are £120 each (for the integrale 16v)

your much better off with a celica GT4 of the same year.

Can't think of a reason not to get one, including whats been said above! The GT4's just don't rock my boat quite like a intergrale, the only reason i don't have one is because i can't afford to buy one.

i can see why u like it.. i like em too seen a black one on the motor way once well hot it was :) but pretty rare..

gloryfied micra tho.. specially the back :)

woop

The electrics are a major failing on all Lancias, the wiring goes very brittle with age and tends to throw up all sorts of electrical problems that are incredibly hard to trace, having said that they are a nice car, Antony's right, a GT4 is a better car, but there are some good classic turbo 4x4s about, how about a Sierra Cosworth or an early Mitsubishi Evo ?

Back