confusion with wheels

D

Danus

im looking at getting some minilight/superlight wheelsfor my car around the 13 inch kinda size, and i seen some on ebay which came straight off a mini. Does anyone know if they will fit straight onto the k10?

also when you change the airfilter what happens to the automatic shoke sensor? what do you do with it?

cheers (Y)

look at getting compomotvie ML's there the same style of wheel but come in the right fitment for micra. im pretty sure you canget superlights in 4x100 though direct from thier site

if the pcd is wrong does that mean the wheels will hang out of the arches?

No, if the PCD is wrong it won't even fit to the hub. Here is some good information on wheels I took from the japanese enkei website:

Name of Wheel Parts

elem_local_t_know_sketch01.gif

Wheel Size

elem_local_t_know_sketch02.gif

Offset

elem_local_t_know_sketch03.gif

The offset indicates the distance from the center of the rim to the attaching disk part (unit:m/m). As seen in the attached drawing, the offset is indicated by "+" when the fitting surface extends beyond the central line of the rim and "-" when it is falls within. Caution is required to prevent the tire from coming into contact with the bodywork of the vehicle or the brake caliper if the offsets are very different.

P.C.D.

elem_local_t_know_sketch04.gif

The number of bolts used to install a wheel usually varies from 3 to 6 depending on the vehicle model, thus the wheel to be installed should also possess the same number of hub bolt holes. P.C.D. stands for pitch circle diameter, and indicates the diameter of the circle in mm connecting the center of each hub bolt. Since the P.C.D. also varies according to the vehicle model, make sure a suitable one is selected.

Clearance

elem_local_t_know_sketch05.gif

Clearance indicates the marginal space between the tire and the body of the vehicle. Inner clearance indicates the distance between the tire and wheel and the body part which is positioned closest to the tire and wheel. Dimensions for both right and left clearance should be measured on a level surface, and the smaller value is then considered as the inner clearance.

Tyre Size

elem_local_t_know_sketch06.gif

1-Tire width (mm or inch)
2-Aspect ratio
3-Radial construction
4-Rim diameter
5-Load index
6-Speed symbol
7-Tire outer diameter (inch)
8-Ply rating

*modified from enkei.co.jp

cheers! best explanation i've seen so far! now i will know what to look out for when lookin at wheels

(Y)

they might poke out a tad, the rears are 10" wide! some seriuos arch work needed and arch extensions needed there. Also is say they are 4" pcd not 4x100.

Also is say they are 4" pcd not 4x100.

Item Specifics - Car Wheels
Condition: Used
Rim Information Tyre Information
Metal Type: Aluminium Tyre Type: --
Rim Width: 10J Tyre Width: --
Rim Diameter: 13 inches Aspect Ratio: --
Offset: -- Load Index: --
Number of Studs: 4 Speed Rating: --
Stud Diameter: 100 Tyre Manufacturer: --
Rim Manufacturer: Compomotive
Rim Structure: One Piece