Bigger wheels & changes in speedo Accuracy

Sorry if this has been brought up before but i found this really useful site & hope it might help other Micra owners too.I was looking at putting 13 inch steels with 155/70/13 tyres on my K10 to replace the standard 12's.
It wasn't till i used the app on http://www.carbibles.com/tyre_bible_pg4.html
That i learnt just changing from 145/70/12's to 155/70/13's(a size that was on a lot of models anyway)that when my speedo would read 70mph i'd actually being 76mph.I played about a bit trying different 13 & 14 inch tyre sizes & the changes could be enough to get you in trouble with a speed camera.
The site also has some really good info on offset/insets etc.
Obviously if the speedo is out your odometer will be too.

skymera

Brutal Honesty
Sorry if this has been brought up before but i found this really useful site & hope it might help other Micra owners too.I was looking at putting 13 inch steels with 155/70/13 tyres on my K10 to replace the standard 12's.
It wasn't till i used the app on http://www.carbibles.com/tyre_bible_pg4.html
That i learnt just changing from 145/70/12's to 155/70/13's(a size that was on a lot of models anyway)that when my speedo would read 70mph i'd actually being 76mph.I played about a bit trying different 13 & 14 inch tyre sizes & the changes could be enough to get you in trouble with a speed camera.
The site also has some really good info on offset/insets etc.
Obviously if the speedo is out your odometer will be too.

165/55/R13 will have just a 0.7% speedo discrepancy :)

I have had this issue in the past with my campervan, I just drive it with the sat nav then see how far out the speedo is, stop pull the needle off and stick it back on in the correct position, simple but works

Don't spend any money!!!
Follow some one doing 30, 50 and 70, this should tell you which way to move the needle, move needle and try again

Remember there is always a way to do it for free, just some times we cant think of it.
When I was in to off roading we had a saying
A Land rover owner tells you how much they have spent
A Suzuki owner tells you how to do the same job for free
I feel Micras owners are like Suzuki owners, none of us have much to spend but produce some excellent cars for little money

drand

1st Micraversary!
Well it has loads of travel and chunky tyres and seems pretty much unstoppable in low range - I don't claim any skill in driving it!

Attachments

• 1379095923411.jpg
    1379095923411.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 354