cone filter relocating

ok, I've got the K&N 57i and I'm thinking of relocating it from the throttle body to behind a headlight/the battery... I'm going to need some piping and a 90deg elbow.. from those that have already done this in the past, what dimensions am I looking at, and where can I get the bits, ebay's a maze when you aren't sure what you're looking for!
Cheers :grinning:

i used plastic drainpipe once, sounded great but it gave a big flatspot in the low/midrange (probably too big :eek:)

I see, so the throttle body is 2 3/4" reduced to 2", then some piping, then you're attaching that 45deg to the cone? I've seen kits on ebay for like £30 that come with all the malarky and a cone filter.. sort of wishing I'd bort something like that now lol! Also, lmao at drainpipe (Y) top marks for ingenuity

yeah man as long as it is a k11 right? the throttle body is 70mm if i remember correctly so yeah that would fit then just 45 degree and maybe a bit of straight pipe to extend where the filter sits.

yeah man as long as it is a k11 right? the throttle body is 70mm if i remember correctly so yeah that would fit then just 45 degree and maybe a bit of straight pipe to extend where the filter sits.
Yes mate throttle diameter is 70mm, so you will need 70mm silocone hose and 68mm aluminimum pipe to extend and 70mm+ hose clips......

what about a silicone 90 degree followed by this http://bit.ly/cLJBVx and support the k&n with a bracket... like the setup i had on my focus? just thinkin of cheaper alternatives... surely anything is better than the setup atm... dont get me wrong it sounds fantastic but it gets bloomin hot in this weather lol.. also sorry if it sounds daft, but if the throttle body opening is 70mm and the piping is 70mm- how does it fit?

I'm not quite sure what ferritboy is on about lol but the way I've said is basically have a 90 degree bend which also reduces from 70mm to 50mm then a 45 bend and then the filter

right, got both time and money now so ready to attack this. Not sure about the reducing though, surely that's wasteful when the TB is 70mm and the cone is therefore 70mm? Keep it all 70mm for increased airflow? Purchasing a 90deg 70 to 70, then some 45deg ally then whack cone on end...

Sound a plan?

Or cheaper:
70mm elbow
to this flexible piping
then mount the cone somewhere nice and low :)

similar to this

EDIT: anyone able to help me find a cheap breather, as the pipe will no longer reach the cone (Y)!

Allll mackled together!
Photo0198.jpg

Sounds much better and is getting nice cool air, although I still plan to move the feed somehow to behind the plastic grille thing where a fog light would go... for extra rammage!

Back