Just bought cone air filter...

Smc92

Ex. Club Member
I have just bought a cone air filter, an apexi one from ebay but mis read the title and thought it was an induction kit, but it wasnt its just the filter, anyway im wondering if anyone could help me with what pipes i could use and where to get them from? It comes with a 76mm metal flange adapter, so im guessing that means i could use some blue silicone pipe thats 76mm? like this one;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RAMAIR-SFS-STRAIGHT-SILICONE-HOSE-76MM-BLUE-100mm-/390358638185?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item5ae3301e69

but im also wondering whats the size of the throttle body so i know what size pipe would need to come off the throttle body onto the cone air filter?

and can silicone hoses be bent to where you want them or do they return back to there position?

I think i have rambled a bit there but oh well :)

Thanks, Scott.

ahh thats brilliant thanks :) just one more question the alloy aluminium pipe there is options like;

Shape:
Diameter:
Leg Length:
Swaged Ends:

What do i need to pick for these options? is there anything specific for the micra?

I bought a cone air filter once. It seemed to work but I was unable to lick the ice cream until it melted a bit and ran down onto my hand!

haha, if my air filter started melting i would be worried ;)

EDIT: also wondering, wont i need some silicone pipe at 90 degrees off the throttle body so that it doesnt hit the bonnet?

Back