Code flashing on management light 141 &142

Hi I'm new to the forums have a 1999 gx 1.3 auto 24k miles this is my 5th micra auto . The car was bought with a intermittent fault of cutting out. Thought I could fix it by buying a recon throttle body the car would run for a few miles and then when foot off gas would miss and stall . Now my car won't start . Changed fuel pump and filter checked there is a spark management light flashes tried spraying stuff down throttle body will start then but take away spray stops. Leave car couple of days after disconnecting battery starts first time only runs for 5 secs any ideas please.

The red light on the dash next to the heater controls flashes and then when I try and start goes out but the engine management light flashes thanks

Thank you for your support after I read the thread I have a micra se auto 51 plate which the auto box has gone would the ring and the key work with my older micra as a donor,

just a quick question If the key and ring don't work can you get a ecu replacement that would sort the problem , and where could I purchase that from . Thanks

Thanks for that showing my lack of knowledge is the ecu at the back of the centre consol there is one at the front I presume that's for the airbag. The other51 plate micra has twin airbags I don't need to change that as well

SorryI'm getting a bit confused does that mean I have to replace both front and back ecu s with my donor micra , or just the back , also if I don't want to change the door keys can I use the car with separate keys for ignition and door boot . Thanks

the auto box changed design in 2000 iirc, (external filter and conventional torque converter instead of magnetic powder clutch etc) so you may need to change both ecu,s
and you should be able to remove the chips from the keys

The chips are remove able. They just pop out when you remove the central locking part you'll see them. The superlock unit for the central locking and the stereo are also tied to the nats system.

Thanks for that let me just go thru this with you please I change both ecu s from my donor micra do I then change the key ring on the steering columm and then do I change the chips from the keys and the door locks thanks

Just a update to say a big thanks to all and fusion Ed who supplied me with a ecu which has solved the problem Car has now done 1200 miles with no cut out . The only downside since the ecu was fitted the Auto light comes on and stays on . Checked everything Car gearbox working fine , just put in down to a loose connection.

Back