clutch

Glen

Club Member
i have a 1.6 engine with a 1.3 box fitted i was wonder if its a 1.6 clutch or a 1.3 clutch fitted or are they the same

im shure you need a 1.3 clutch for the box, i dont think the 1.6 fits but im not totaly shure, you can always upgrade to a stronger 1.3 clutch by helix if the oe clutch isn't lasting long with the 1.6 engine

frank, so insted of paying all that cash for a helix can we not just fit a 1.6 clutch into our 1.3 box?

online suppliers are showing different 1.6 clutches (almera, for instance, iirc are listed as 180mm/18 spline, and other model 1.6 ga,s are 190mm/18 spline) :)

so if i looked for a 1.6 clutch for the almera with 180/18mm spline all will be good to go into the 1.3 box? what about the bearing and plate?

so if i looked for a 1.6 clutch for the almera with 180/18mm spline all will be good to go into the 1.3 box? what about the bearing and plate?

different brands will have different springrates, and use different friction material (my exedy clutch slipped bad) matt would probably be your best man for advice :)

Back